• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

London Sightings

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Howdy gang!

I meant to post this a while ago, but things have been pretty hectic at work. My business partner (who also happens to be my beloved fiancee) and I had to be in London for work in the week between Christmas and New Year's (alas, some clients don't think we should ever get a break). The weather was *miserable* -- not only the typical London rain but a lot of wet, raw snow (which was actually quite picturesque).

However, despite the weather, we saw a number of LBCs out and about, including two on our taxi drive from Paddington Station to the friend's flat where we were staying. Total count included three MGBs (all chrome bumper) and a Lotus Elan +2. Not quite LBCs but we also spotted a rather natty XJS and a Smart Roadster.

Alas, no pictures, but spotting that Elan cruising down Abby Road a few blocks from the famous crosswalk, in the snow, was pretty darn nifty!

B.

hilsideser

Jedi Warrior
Kind of stark, wasn't it? I stayed on the "island" in '05 and the only classic Brit iron I saw was a ratty red Herold over south off Kensington. I did see a Morgan on a lot on the way out of town parked next to a Crossfire, (import, don't you know...).

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Paddington-Bear-Sandwich.jpg

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Nice, Don.

...but it ain't a +2. :jester: