• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Moody Blues

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Just on You Tube listening to some old favorites of mine and hit on the Moody Blues.
Go there and play "Your Wildest Dreams"
A huge number of old British cars and trucks, not to mention a great song.
Just thought you fellows might like it.

Dave :savewave:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
We're inna shed wif Camshaft, Dave. He's sittin' due south of ya by about 100 miles, ded reckonin.... :wink:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
14dna said:
Just on You Tube listening to some old favorites of mine and hit on the Moody Blues.
Go there and play "Your Wildest Dreams"
A huge number of old British cars and trucks, not to mention a great song.
Just thought you fellows might like it.

My absolute favorite group, and one of their best songs!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ya here?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I can't recall where they are playing, but I have them recorded live on my DVR. MB is one of my favorite groups.

By the way, it is possible (and easy) to embed a you-tube video here. Just use the full editor and click the video icon on the editor, the paste the you-tube URL:

FrkuPq0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Basil said:
I can't recall where they are playing, but I have them recorded live on my DVR. MB is one of my favorite groups.

Red Rock?

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Mickey Richaud said:
Basil said:

Red Rock?

Well, now I went back to my recording to see - it was Live at the Greek Theater in LA.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Yeah, that's a great vid.

They're one of my favourite groups too.
I saw them live at Waterloo Village (here in NJ) years ago. Ride My Seesaw was amazing.

I like the early stuff with Denny Laine (like <span style="font-style: italic">Go Now</span>), but See Saw is their song I like best.

Hayward still looks (and plays) great. The other guys have really aged.

I sort of think that Ray Thomas looks like Basil Fawlty in the early vid below. :laugh:

(Youtube won't allow this one to be embedded for some reason)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2DQBlVcJ0

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
aeronca65t said:
I sort of think that Ray Thomas looks like Basil Fawlty in the early vid below. :laugh:

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Attachments

• 20076.jpg
    20076.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 113

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
By the way, I first heard the Moody Blues at a co-worker and friend's house when I was a young airman in the early 70's. My friend's name? Ray Thomas.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
First heard nights In White Satin and fell in love with Rock and the use of Symphonies.
Them and the Who , can't be beat

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
I quite like them as well. Nights in White Satin and Tuesday Afternoon drew me in, and the rest kept me for life!

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I remember seeing that video on... MTV?
I thought that it was totally cool.

- Doug

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I was introduced to the Moody Blues through that song when it came out. Mentioned them to my aunt and she got me hooked on their original stuff. They were the first group I collected the entire album catalog for (and just finished up re-purchasing them all on CD). A big fan of all their stuff with the original lineup -- even though most of that was recored before I was born.
grin.gif

That was right about the time I started going backward for music -- Coltrane, Miles Davis, Led Zeppelin...

OP
14dna

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Drew;
That's not backward, that is into the heart!
And I love all fifties and sixties music.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I'm kinda casual about Do-wop but a real fan of Motown, most of the late '50's "Beat" stuff, about any '60's pop and rock. I've an early pressing of th' Moodies Tuesday Afternoon. And enuff vinyl to tile th' hovel. Even the Surrealistic Pillow in Mono. First pressing. *sheesh*

T

TRDejaVu

Talking of the earlier stuff. I'm not really one for tribute bands, but I was dragged to see these guys a couple of weeks ago, www.thebritishinvasiontribute.com/news.html and they weren't bad. Mid 60s Brit songs followed by later 60s American. Finished off by playing the flip side of Abbey Road.

OP
14dna

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
One of the bands it says they cover is Gerry and the Pacemakers.
One of their biggest hits was Walk Hand in Hand.
My cousin wrote that song and a few others.
It can be heard on You Tube also.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Big fan myself and have most of their albums and solo stuff too. My dad has seen them many times and I owe it to him for introducing it to me. Sadly I don't speakers right now. Me monitor carped out.
V

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
14dna said:
One of the bands it says they cover is Gerry and the Pacemakers.
One of their biggest hits was Walk Hand in Hand.
My cousin wrote that song and a few others.
And your cousin's name is? Great song from another great Invasion group! I'd love to know what else he wrote (and for whom)!