• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jaguar X-type pricing out..29950 for 2.5 engine 4 whd..stick..would you buy this?

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
Just shooting the breeze..the new Jaguar X type sedan with four wheel drive, stick shift and 2.5 liter V6 will base out at 29,950..thats a pretty impressive price.

www.blueovalnews.com

I'm impressed with the pricing...how about you?

------------------

J

Jagdreamer

If I were going to spend that much, I'd probably look for a nice restored E-Type. Looking in Hemmings motor news, it looks like you could by a pretty nice example for that.

JD

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
Imagine that the 30 or so grand is for a daily driver..

I wonder if this new Jaguar X type will smoke the MB Class and Lexus IS300...

The Jaguar mystique and beauty in history transcends to four doors as well.

The XKE will always be a choice of sports car enthusiasts...

Fantastic ride..

Will the x-type double Jaguars world wide sales as expected by owners Ford in the PAG group?

------------------

Wingtip

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
I have to agree with JagDremer - I would much rather have the E-Type. You could probably buy a really really nice driver for 30k. Maybe not a show car, but I have seen decent drivers for 10-15k even.

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
www.auto.com

This car has many German luxury car makers shaking in their boots..lol

THis is a big win for Jaguar..somehow when the produce the F-type sports car..I bet a large portion of the funding(even more so the guts to make it) is coming from the success of this car!

The X type is going to be very good for Jaguar enthusiasts..whether its a sports car or sedan you prefer..

I'm pumped and ready to see these all over the US..

In fact ..the Jaguar site has over a hundred thousand inquiries for this car..yet first year production I hear (as in rumor)is limited to 15 thousand..Talk about a crazed situation of supply and demand..Lets hope the July introduction into the US is the reason for the 15K production run for 2001 and that the following year..100,000 copies are available world wide..

I guess Ford really didn't screw Jaguar up..Congratulation to Ford Management as well..

Aston Martin look s properly set as well..

Anyone see the Geneva showing at..

www.automotivenews.com

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
Fords planning a full line of vehicles on this x platform..

A resounding success...the crowds going wild...

Would you buy it?

Will it dilute the Jaguar mystique?

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
Yesterday's AutoWeek mentioned the possibility of a X-type wagon. Well, I've already read that there'll be a two-door -- so why not make the wagon a 2-door "shooting brake"? Make sure a 3-pedal option is available, maybe even lose the 4WD (to keep the load floor flat, don't you know
smile.gif
); And keep the price at least _close_ to 30K, and maybe I could talk my wife into owning one.

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
Was sitting down to dinner at a nice Italian Restarant this evening..as we are sitting down to dinner...sipping our drinks outside on a beautiful springlike evening..what drives by...but

the new X-type jaguar...a strange blue color..not my personal preference...but the car is a stunner on the road..

I saw it last month at the NY Auto show..and the car was ok...but on the road..beautiful..

I'd pass on the spoilers personally..but the 17 inch rims looked good.

Way to go Jaguar..

Very nice ride.

Anyone else see this beauty on the roads yet? If so ...what did you think?

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
Originally posted by me:
And keep the price at least _close_ to 30K, and maybe I could talk my wife into owning one.

Never mind; I saw the R&T article over the weekend. 3515lb?????? For a car on a Mondeo (Contour) platform? Keep it...

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
The 4 wd system and luxury appointments will add weight...and at 3500 lbs..its no lightweight sports car...but consider..the

BMW M3 weighs 3440

and the MB CLK weighs in at 3520

and these are two doors..

The 4 door MB C32 weighs in at 3450..? no light weight either..

Wingtip

Jedi Hopeful
Silver
Country flag
Originally posted by JBsC5:
The 4 wd system and luxury appointments will add weight...and at 3500 lbs..its no lightweight sports car...but consider..the

BMW M3 weighs 3440

and the MB CLK weighs in at 3520

and these are two doors..

The 4 door MB C32 weighs in at 3450..? no light weight either..

3500 doesn't seem all that much for a psudo-luxury car. It will be interesting to see what the response of this X-Type is. Its quite a departure from what Jaguar is know for.

George

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
The 4 wd system and luxury appointments will add weight...and at 3500 lbs..its no lightweight sports car.

I don't think we'd own any of the other named cars, either.
frown.gif

I guess that, considering Jag has the "big" XJ's, and the "medium" S-Type, that they'ed offer something more differentiated for the X-Type. Points to them for the price, in all fairness, but that's just too much mass.

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
I just threw those natural competitors weight out there for comparisions sake..

I was impressed with the Jaguar as it drove by on the street...actually a lot more so than at the NY Auto show..

Thought I'd pass the information along..I would order this for my wife if she liked..

Anything to get out of an SUV..lol but whatever makes her happy..

The Jags a nice ride and a big congratulations goes to Jaguar for pulling this off!

From what I'm reading the German car manufacturers in this segment are very nervous..in fact they have been quoted as murmuring the lack of pedigred in using Ford based parts to provide such a great car..

Jaguar says...in print....and behind the scenes as well..the customer will have the Jaguar experience..and will never notice that the fuel pump is Ford based..LOL

Nothing a driver can feel or touch is from Ford..

I say..Bravo to Jaguar..time to get the MB and Bimmer guys worried..

Competition is a good thing..

Look how Lexus just offered subsidized leasing on its BMW 3 series competitor...

2400 down..399 a month..for the IS300..

Jaguars shakening the world upside down with this new car imho..

Every women wants the sexiest car on earth..

Just to say the word...Jag-U-aar!

------------------

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
Anything to get out of an SUV..lol but whatever makes her happy..

Aah.

The difference is perspective.

Yeah, _anything_ to deSUV. MY wife, OTOH, drives a Nissan SE-R, and before that a brace of VW GTI's and before that -- ugh -- a Dodge Omni. She doesn't, nor do I, care for big cars. We now make enough $$$ to afford a "nice car", but few combine that with low weight.

When I 1st heard of the X-type, I thought it might be something alnog the lines of the old Riley One Point Five or the MG Magnette. I erred...

OP
J

JBsC5

Jedi Trainee
I could see the jaguar Xtype in the garage next to my Corvette..Beautiful sports car..beautiful four door..

Too bad the wifey still wants an SUV..maybe the 4wd will sway her...

Jag-U-ar..even sounds sexy..

Great new car..

The more I read about it..the more I want to test drive it..

If I ordered this for the wife..I'd take the 2.5 liter V6 and the automatic..

31 grand..heck..thats 6 grand less then the SUV she wants..

Too bad the lease rates with jaguar are not subsidized like the trucks..

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Originally posted by Tiger:
Aah.

The difference is perspective.

Yeah, _anything_ to deSUV. MY wife, OTOH, drives a Nissan SE-R, and before that a brace of VW GTI's and before that -- ugh -- a Dodge Omni. She doesn't, nor do I, care for big cars. We now make enough $$$ to afford a "nice car", but few combine that with low weight.

If you want a "nice" car with "low weight" (for a V8 that is), ever consider the C5 Corvette? That is my "other car" and I must tell you it rides like a Lexus on steroids! Not a real small car, but not a huge car either. It is very nimble and the power, oh my, the power! They start at under 40k and good used examples can be had for low 30's.

Basil

Tiger

Jedi Warrior
Originally posted by Basil:
ever consider the C5 Corvette?

Nah; I don't think so. With the Tiger and the Miata already on board, she figures we really need at least one car w/a back seat.