• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mississippi catchin up

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Re: Mississippi catchin up

angelfj said:
gee, and I always thought PA was still in the dark ages! :jester:

I got a mild "huh?!?" moment last time I went back to PA. Forgot about "state stores" and was in a local QuikRip, decided to look inna cooler for beer. Oops.

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag

The county in which I reside is totally dry, in terms of alcohol sales.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Canada's the same way.But they also sell milk
in gallon bags!

- Doug

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Thought of you Ken when I read that.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Must work for a Biology Co.

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag

DNK said:
Thought of you Ken when I read that.
Yeah, it don't bother me though, Don; I met my quota nearly 10 years ago.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Oh that's right .
Remember you saying something now

mailbox

Jedi Knight
Country flag

DNK said:
With the rest of the 20th Century :laugh: :cheers:
Bottoms Up

OK now wait juuuuuuuuuuuuust a second. This statement may be a bit gruff, but it's not meant to offend anyone and I hope it is taken in the right way. " If you don't like it, don't live here!" See, this is why we don't allow too many yankee's around here.
grin.gif
Always trying to tell us what to do or how we should act. THIS is why there is a vote on it. If the good people around New Albany don't want beer, SO BE IT! I realize this may seem backwards to a lot of you, but we kinda like it like this. This is why we live here, not there. Again I mean no disrespect, but come on.

Man, I wish Tony were around. He might not agree with the law, but he would understand. :wall:

P.S. Just so you know, the latest Toyota plant was just built in this "backwards" county.

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

What I thought was amusing was this only allow beer and coolers. NO wine or spirits.

G

mailbox said:
DNK said:
. " If you don't like it, don't live here!" I realize this may seem backwards to a lot of you, but we kinda like it like this. This is why we live here

I'm wit ya brother !!!! Dry here and like it that way. Met my quota years ago also. There is a BIG difference in behavior b/w a dry and wet area.

It almost passed last time as a bunch of LA folks moved here after the storm.

I'm from LA and I'm here to say that LA folks likes their liquor; they also know how to handle it.(For the most part, but some of my ex's will disagree with that statement.)

OP
DNK

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Now wait a minute .I never said that

G

Don't sweat it Don, he's a yankee too, as he's in ~north~ Mississippi. :jester:

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag

kellysguy, where you "stay" in Mississippi ?
I'm inbetween Sandy Hook and Dexter in Walthall County. Also a Louzana transplant.