• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Am I out of my mind???

Country flag
You posted this in the Insane Asylum....so YES!! DOH! :laugh:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
except the listing has now been deleted - so you'll need to post pics

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
mehheh. What Pete said.

spritenut

Luke Skywalker
We taught our kids to "Just Say No" but for some reason we can't help our own addictions.
Bill, You did good, you should see the rust buckets I bring home for a couple hundred bucks :wink:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
You've done well, Bill. This way I can enjoy reading about all y'alls exploits with your multiple cars, and not have to pay for them myself.
grin.gif

RickB

Yoda
All right, time for an intervention I think...

Bill - Way TO Go man!!!

Wait - I'm sending mixed signals again - sorry!

Hey, wiggle the wires at the fusebox and see if the electrical system comes back to life!!

(Bill disclosed the reason given by the PO of this rust free car for selling it so cheap was "the electrical system died")

Great Score Bill :smile:

RickB

Yoda
So... Is it home yet Bill??? Pics?

OP
B

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Let's see if I can add some photos of the car:

Attachments

• 20036.jpg
    20036.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 432
  • 20037.jpg
    20037.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 435
  • 20038.jpg
    20038.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 435
  • 20039.jpg
    20039.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 434
OP
B

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
I pulled the interior out this morning to let it dry out but all-in-all it looks pretty good for a $200 car.
Sounds like I may be keeping it- my step-daughter may start using it as a daily driver??

Bill

jvandyke

Luke Skywalker
$200? SCORE!

OP
B

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Only rust that I have found in a little surface rust on the floors under the seats. There is a patch on the driver's foot-floor that I want to pull up and see what is underneath but doesn't look bad.
I haven't even tried to start it yet, lots of the wiring and fuel lines are disconnected. This is my first 1500 so I need to figure-out where everything goes.
It doesn't look as straight-forward as an "A" block engine compartment.
If it doesn't rain all day today I may start putting it back together.
Bill

paulsherman

Jedi Trainee
No rain today.
Keep it if you can and it does not smell. I bought a Bugeye from a guy out in Maple Valley that had been used for the neighborhood catbox. Now OK, but that was a few years ago.

RichBall

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Bill

A couple of things on the wiring:

You will need to get the wiring under the missing consol and the hazard switch squared away before you can get any of the turn signals to work. Also as we found on mine the power for the multi function switch comes from the light switch.

If the previous owner was having ignition problems the amplifier for the Lucas electronic ignition may have died, a common problem. Dig out you Moss catalog and read the write up they have on this problem.

I have both the factory workshop manual and the Haynes manual for the 1500 if you need me to look up anything.

Rich Ball
'76 Midget
Everett, WA

RickB

Yoda
Heh...

Need me to come give you a hand?

If I can get my carb back on and get Frankie running that is...

OP
B

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
I was out playing with it and found that it has a header! It looks like it is wedged against the frame bit guess that it can be bent away a bit (after I check that the motor mounts are correct/in good shape).
I put in a spare A-block "points-type" distributor and found that it fit fine so that is what is going there and an HS4 to replace the Zenith.
BillM

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
$200? Great!I wish I could have found one like that,
for that kind of price when I was looking for one.

- Doug