• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

CA Needs Money - New Traffic Fines

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Traffic Tickets Fines (01/06/10)

Vehicle Code Violation New Fine
Number

VC 12814.6 Failure to obey license provisions $214

VC 14600(A) Failue to notify DMV of address - $214
change within 10 days

Note: The fine may be reduced with -
valid proof of correction.

VC16028(A) Failure to provide evidence of financial- $796
responsibility (insurance)

Note:This fine may be reduced with proof of-
isurance on or after the violation date.

VC21453(A) Failure to stop at a red signal $436

VC22350
VC22349 Unsafe speed,1to 15 miles over the limit $214

VC22350
VC22349 Unsafe speed,16 to 25 miles over the limit $328

VC22450 Failure to stop at a stop sign $214

VC22454(A) Passing a school bus with flashing red-
signals $616

VC23123(A) Drive using wireless phone not hands free- $148
First offense

VC23123(A) Drive using wireless phone not hands free- $256
For each subsequent offense

VC23123.5(A) Drive while wireless device to send,read- $148
or write text

VC23124(B) Minor drive using wireless phone $148

VC22500(I) Parking in a bus loading zone $976

VC22507.8(A through C) Violation of disabled parking- $976
provisions,first offense

VC22507.8(A through C) Violation of disabled parking- $1876
provisions,second offense

VC26708(A) Unlawful material on vehicle windows $178

VC27150(A and B) Adequate muffler required $178

VC27315(D and E) Mandatory use of seat belts $148

VC27360(A and B) Mandatory use of child passenger- $436
restraints
Note:This fine may be reduced by completing a court-
authorized child seat diversion program.

VC27400 Headsets/Earplugs over both ears $178

VC27803 (A through C) Motorcycle safety helmets- $178
requirments

VC34506.3 Commercial Driver - Log book violation $616

VC4000(A) No evidence of current registration $256

Note: This fine may be reduced with valid proof-
of correction.

VC4159 Notify DMV of change of address- $178
within 10 days

Note:This fine may be reduced with valid proof-
of correction.

VC5200 Display of license plates $178

Note:This fine may be reduced with valid proof-
of correction.

VC9400(A through C) Commercial weight fees-
due $178

Doug

terriphill

Darth Vader
OUCH! Is this before they add the "court costs" to it?

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Terri,

Yes it is - figure about another $100.People here think
that it's only about $20 for using a cell phone.It was about
$170 total,before the increased fines.
I got nailed by a Red light camera (it wasn't on purpose).
The fine was $340,& by the time I was done,it was $544!
I also find it interesting that it's $976 to park in a bus
zone,but $616 for passing a school bus w/flashing lights.

- Doug

rlwhitetr3b

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
VC 14600(A) Failue to notify DMV of address - $214
change within 10 days

VC4159 Notify DMV of change of address- $178
within 10 days

They are going to charge you $178 to notify DMV and $214 if you don't? :crazyeyes:

Judging by the condition of the cars I see around here parked in strange places, I do not think some of they could pay the $1000 parking ticket.

Those fines are nuts!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Different codes.I'd have to look them up to tell
you the difference.

- Doug

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
Going to get worse to. If they have there way all the red light cameras will also be used for speed cameras. $$$$$$$$$ It's just about at the point where a speeding ticket or other simple infraction can be as much or more than a morgage payment then there is the bending over the insurance company will do for the next few years on top of the fine.

G

Stewart said:
Going to get worse to. If they have there way all the red light cameras will also be used for speed cameras. $$$$$$$$$ It's just about at the point where a speeding ticket or other simple infraction can be as much or more than a morgage payment then there is the bending over the insurance company will do for the next few years on top of the fine.

Red llight cameras were deemed unconstitutional in MS. Cities spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on them and can no longer use them for fines. Might want to remeber that if y'all go that route. They are using them in LA right now.

D

Deleted member 8987

When the legislature authorized red-light cameras in Washington, it was specifically for no more than a parking tickety, and they meant $25 parking ticket.
Town lawyers found that they could find the worst-case parking ticket (oh, expired tags in a handicapped spot) and started charging $275 or $300 for them.
I think they may be in for a surprise.

G

One thing I refuse to do and drives me NUTS is when some yahoo parks in a handicap spot. I often see Vettes in them down here and it makes me mader than heck.

Now, I do admit, I use the handicrapper, even though I'm not a handicapper. I like the extra room. Never had to bolt due to a request for access.

'Bout $300 here for handicap violation. I don;t think there's a fine for checking the plumbing for them yet. :wink:

D

Deleted member 8987

I have a handicap placcard.
I have called the cops.
I have a friend, who drives, who is high quad, low para.
He's had to sit in his car and wait for 20 minutes at St. Arbucks for the slot to open.

Same fine here for parking in the striped load zone for ramps next to the handicap spot.

Odd thing is to go to the local VA hospital on a summer's day.
Every handicap spot is loaded with bikes, mosty Harleys, with dedicated handicapped license plates!

There's some brave souls!

OP
AngliaGT

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That ticks me off when non-deseving people park in the
handicapped parking places.At work,I've had people tell me
"I'll only be a minute" - I tell them (back then)"well,that's
only $370 a minute".
Shame on you if you're using someone else's placard (or-
license plate).kellysguy,you should be ashamed - NO excuse!!
I also hate it when you say something to someone who IS
disabled,& they get irritated,I would like to think that
they'd appreciate people watching out for them.

- Doug

V

vagt6

I'm for just about anything reasonable that curtails speeders (especially those in residential areas) and dangerous driving practices. Today's roads are just too crazy and "distracted driving" with all the electronic gizmos in today's cars is literally guaranteed to increase. I'm willing to sacrifice a little if it leads to catching the red light runners, etc. I never run red lights, wouldn't dream of it.

Problem with increasing fines is that the higher monetary penalties only affect the poor/middle class. Rich folk couldn't care less if the fine is $100 or $500, just pay it an speed away. To lower income folks, it can be crippling. Not fair.

Oh well, just be careful out there, it's a jungle . . . :yesnod:

rlwhitetr3b

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
AngliaGT said:
Shame on you if you're using someone else's placard (or-
license plate).kellysguy,you should be ashamed - NO excuse!! - Doug

kellysguy said:
Now, I do admit, I use the handicrapper, even though I'm not a handicapper. I like the extra room. Never had to bolt due to a request for access.

Doug,
I think if you look at what kellysguy said again you will see that he was not talking about parking spaces or at least not car parking spaces. :jester: The restroom I use at work has only one stall, so I use the handicapped stall also.

G

kellysguy said:
One thing I refuse to do and drives me NUTS, is when some yahoo parks in a handicap spot. I often see Vettes in them down here and it makes me mader than heck.

I keep an eye out for wheelchair wheels and walkers whilst I check the pumbing.

swift6

Yoda
kellysguy said:
One thing I refuse to do and drives me NUTS is when some yahoo parks in a handicap spot. I often see Vettes in them down here and it makes me mader than heck.

Do the vettes have placards or plates. If so, why can't they park there? If not, it doesn't matter what they are driving. A very good friend of mine has a legitimate hip issue that allows her the issuance of a handicap placard. She used to drive a Miata. She kept getting tickets in her Miata for parking in a handicap space even though her placard was displayed. The thinking was that 'a handicapped person should not be able to drive a sports car'. Totally wrong thinking but it prevailed long enough to force her out of the Miata.

Twosheds

Darth Vader
swift6 said:
kellysguy said:

Do the vettes have placards or plates. If so, why can't they park there? If not, it doesn't matter what they are driving. A very good friend of mine has a legitimate hip issue that allows her the issuance of a handicap placard. She used to drive a Miata. She kept getting tickets in her Miata for parking in a handicap space even though her placard was displayed. The thinking was that 'a handicapped person should not be able to drive a sports car'. Totally wrong thinking but it prevailed long enough to force her out of the Miata.

That's a shame. She is allowed to drive any car she wants to.

I have not gotten a ticket on my placarded TR3, though. Yet.

I think Kellysguy meant non-placarded Vettes.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A co-worker and good friend of mine (former State Representative) has a VERY bad back and hips. The poor guy can walk, but only just! If anyone has a right to use a Handicapped space, he does - but he doesn't! He will park in any available non-handicapped space before using his placard. I asked him why, and he said because there are people who need the spaces more than he does!

I don't care what kind of car someone is driving, if they have a legitimate need for those spaces.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Twosheds said:
Do the vettes have placards or plates. If so, why can't they park there?
I agree, just because you're handicapped doesn't relegate you to a minivan. My dad had a bad stroke and his right side didn't work so well after that. Didn't stop him from getting a Formula Firebird though. I always got a smile thinking of that muscle car puling up to the pharmacy, having an old man with a cane get out.