• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tony Barnhill - Discussion Thread

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
If you saw my announcement thread, then you know the terrible news - Tony Barnhill has been killed in a head-on accident. His wife Jerri is in the hospital. Her exact condition is unknown at this time, but was described as "serious." We will post more details as we learn them.

I am numb.

<span style="font-weight: bold">PS: In addition to discussing Tony, please use this thread to post your condolences - what you would like to say to Jerri and Tony's family. At the appropriate time, I will cull the "Condolence notes" from this thread and print them and send them to the family, We did this, some of you may recall, when Dave Russell died and his family really appreciated knowing how many people around the world cared for Dave. It is my hope that doing the same for Jerri and family will provide some small measure or comfort. </span>

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Numb here as well. The Colonel is leaving a big hole...

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
I was, and am, so shocked and sad to hear this news. I learned so much from him and he was always there, ready to help. My thoughts are with his family.

GTsRFine

Jedi Hopeful
I'm saddened by this news. I wish it weren't so but the newspapers in Huntsville report a wreck that fits this description.
I'll miss Tony. He was always helpful and full of energy on every subject or topic that came along.
I hope Jerri recovers well and soon.

JonC

Freshman Member
Not much of a poster myself, but always enjoyed Tony's posts. Will miss him. Regrets to his family and swift recovery to his wife. Truly a sad day.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was shocked when I first saw that.I was always hoping
to meet up with him again.At least I was fortunate enough to
meet him.He's not an easy person to replace.
When things settle down,could you give a few more details?

- Doug

scoutll

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I went cold with shock when I read Basil's post. I have only known Tony for a year or so, and we had only recently started to correspond regularly outside of posts here, but I already considered him a friend. I'm numb.
Cherish every day, and everyone.

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I was shocked when reading this news. I hope Jerri will recover well. My thought are with Jerri and the family.

May Tony rest in peace

19_again

Jedi Warrior
Cold with shock is sadly accurate. Tony became a friend that I could call on weekends with questions and he was always gracious. He will be sadly missed and is irreplaceable. My sympathies to his family and as importantly the five or six members of this forum who I know thought of Tony as a brother. There aren't enough good guys as it is, we didn't need to lose another.
Godspeed Tony.
Mike

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
My first reaction was denial. I fully expected to be reading about Tony teaching his grandson how to restore a car a decade from now. Heartbreaking news.

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
I am numb too. I consider Tony as one of life's gentlemen.He was always helpful and encouraging to all of us.I hope and pray that Jerri will recover.

Stuart.

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I had a horrible feeling in my stomach when the forum went down and was almost afraid to get back on for a reason like this.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Paul & Maureen

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
A Huge void has been created in our hobby. He will be missed ,but not forgotten

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Our thoughts and prayers continue for the family

Gray_Cat

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'm in complete shock at this news. I greatly admired Tony and his can do anything spirit. I can only offer my sincere condolences to his family and pray for Jerri's full recovery. This is truly a sad, sad day.
Via Con Dios Tony.
Roy

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Unbelievable. Completely gobsmacked by this news.

Godspeed to a good man. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

I shocked, and saddened terribly. Tony has came here a couple of times and visited me, we talked on the phone, many, many, many times. This is terrible news. My prayers go out to Tony and Jerri.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
I saw this earlier but didn't know what to say. I still don't. A very sad day indeed - his family is in my prayers.