• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I blew my budget

laydent

Freshman Member
Well doing the tally on all the bills from my body guy, parts I have put in, the leather covers and foams for seats, etc the verdict is in...
I am now officially past what I paid for my 67 2+2 in November by several hundred dollars.
NOw that isn't a bad thing cause I have one heck of a daily driver to scoot around in and a wife who is willing to let me play. And of course this is the 1st car in 15 years that I can call mine. (That helps with the wife part.)
I have less than the cost of a new car in a really cool old car.
So what's the point? Buyer beware when a newbie decides to jump into the E game.
My project is almost complete (at least as of today, right now)so It is starting to be time to sit in the sun and watch the countryside move by.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Originally posted by laydent:
Well doing the tally on all the bills from my body guy, parts I have put in, the leather covers and foams for seats, etc the verdict is in...<snip>

I can relate! I don't even want to think about what I have in my OTS and I'm nowhere near finished! Do you have pictures on a web site that you could post here? (See the FAQ on how to post images - it's easy but you have to have your pictures residing on a server (i.e., a home page) somewhere.

Cheers,

------------------
basil.gif

1967 Jaguar E-Type OTS
1E13333, Silver Blue

Charles #677556

Originally posted by laydent:
I am now officially past what I paid for my 67 2+2 in November by several hundred dollars.

Laydent;
Exceeding the "cost" of the Jag should never be a "Standard" to use for a restoration.. If that were the case, I would have never been able to start restoring my '53 XK 120 DHC that I purchased for $300 in '67!!
I tell folks wishing to restore a classic or antique to do so for thenselves.. not the value (or expected value) of the car..
After all, how much is driving around in a classic Jaguar worth?? Priceless!! That's why they make MasterCard.. to buy Jag parts, right?? ;-}

------------------
Charles #677556

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Originally posted by Charles #677556:
Laydent;
Exceeding the "cost" of the Jag should never be a "Standard" to use for a restoration.. If that were the case, I would have never been able to start restoring my '53 XK 120 DHC that I purchased for $300 in '67!!
I tell folks wishing to restore a classic or antique to do so for thenselves.. not the value (or expected value) of the car..
After all, how much is driving around in a classic Jaguar worth?? Priceless!! That's why they make MasterCard.. to buy Jag parts, right?? ;-}

And when that runs out, there's always Visa!
rolleyes.gif

Basil

OP
L

laydent

Freshman Member
Originally posted by Basil:
And when that runs out, there's always Visa!
rolleyes.gif

Basil
ahhhh yes Visa. Dang and I have been using the old MasterCard.
I'll be posting some pics of the start to finish(for winter) project. This is never going to be complete but I'm having a blast and have a cool wheel to wheel in.