• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A My TR3B

reelmaker

Freshman Member
Sort of a sad day for me but maybe a new life with another car guy for my 3B....Today I finally forced myself to list it for sale...I knew this had to happen sooner or later and I've been putting it off for a year....Just can't physically drive it anymore for more than very short periods of time...Most of the summer it just sat in the garage...I had my first 3 back in college in the sixties...I drove that car all over the country....but I was in my 20's then...I always wanted another 3....Several years ago a friend(who has collected and owns half dozen Brit cars)offered me his TR3B....He bought it from another car guy who did the restoration over several years...I jumped at the chance because I'm not a hands on wrench person and wanted a trusted known car that would get me home.....And I lived happily ever after with my B until last year....So if any of you guys are looking for a nice car,,(not perfect and has a couple minor warts I'll happy to talk about with anyone who wants to call),, then look at the board ads for mine...This is the only place I'm putting it for now..Not much else to say...guess I'm not the first deal with reality I'm not 25 anymore and won't be the last...rm

p1010002kv2.jpg

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Nice car, reelmaker - don't sell it!

Randy

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Wow - that is one nice TR3B you have.

Any way to keep it in the family? Sounds like you really love that car, and the time you spend in it.

And if anyone can buy that car for the price you're asking, they're getting one heck of a good deal.

But I agree with Randy - don't sell it!

Tom

OP
R

reelmaker

Freshman Member
thanks guys...I do love the car...But I spent the summer trying to take it out but between the terrible roads in Maine and my back,,well,,it just doesn't work very well anymore....the price I think is a fair one for what's been done to the car and I wouldn't be making money on it..I'd like to see it go to a car guy and is why I only put it here at this point..but as I said before,,it isn't a perfect museum piece but it's very nice car...Although I never posted much here cause I'm not a hands on resto wrench person,,I've been reading this board for a long time now....Nobody knows 3's like the guys here and am sure my little 3B will get a bit of a going over....but thats fine...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Our own GBRandy's looking for one. Keep it in the BCF family!

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
drooooolll!........

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Mickey Richaud said:
Our own GBRandy's looking for one. Keep it in the BCF family!

This could be the right match for <span style="font-weight: bold">GBRandy</span>...you two guys should talk.

GilsTR

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
GBRandy...When I purchased the 60 TR3A back in 2000...told
the wife that this had to be the best "mid-life" thing that
could have happened to me! She was not sure at the time...
but is now in FULL agreement! Go for it! Gil

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Can we say: "Kismet"?!?

I can't imagine what comes next.

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Go for it GBRandy!!

OP
R

reelmaker

Freshman Member
Last Call for anyone here on BCF who is looking for a restored TR3B. My BCF ad runs for a few more weeks and then this car will be advertised other places. Thanks to the board members who have expressed interest. I will consider any reasonable offer so this car goes to a TR3 guy if possible. I wish I could somehow turn back the clock and drive my 3 like I used to do but that's not to be... Thanks to all