• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Tabby Likey!

Tabcon

Jedi Warrior
I ran across this restoration/recreation/restomod by Piet Mozes the other day on You Tube. He prepared it for Euro rallies and it recently competed in the 9th Maus Gatsonides Memorial (whatever the heck that is) and claimed 5th overall.

Some may argue that the red Panasport's are a bit too gaudy, but personally, I think they fit. It's a purpose built car, but no reason it has to look frumpy.
tr4-rally-05.JPG

tr4-rally-06.JPG

tr4-rally-09.JPG

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
The Brits and Americans called him Maurice Gastonides. He raced TR2s for Ken Richardson in the early 1950s and won many trophies for the S-T Team of rally cars.

His TR2 was for sale in 2006. The owner was asking ÂŁ38.000.00 back then.

BTW, he was one of the faster TR drivers on these rallies and he invented and patented the "Speed Camera" that is so notorious all over England.

Attachments

• 18954.jpg
    18954.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 185

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
I think that TR4 look mighty fine.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wouldn't kick it out of bed...wink,wink...nod,nod

V

vagt6

That's one mean lookin' Triumph!

I like. Looks like she's ready for the track. I sure would like to take her for a couple of laps at VIR.

Devilish. :devilgrin:

swift6

Yoda
Don Elliott said:
BTW, he was one of the faster TR drivers on these rallies and he invented and patented the "Speed Camera" that is so notorious all over England.

Which is why they are nicknamed "Gatso" cameras.

OP
Tabcon

Tabcon

Jedi Warrior
I saved the images because, with the exception of the red Panasports, this car is very close to how I'm planning to finish my TR4. Now, who knows, maybe some red wheels are in the picture. They would match my engine, and we all know how important a matching "handbag" is.

I really like the hardtop and it looks like the aluminum surrey portion of it is finished naturally or maybe painted silver. Can these tops still be had?