• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Ken Slagle

WedgeWorks

Jedi Trainee
I just came back from meeting Ken Slagle for the first time. He was an absolute pleasure and thrill to talk to about his racing days. He has been sailing around the world for the last 11 years after selling his cars and buying a sailboat. He now lives about 30 minutes from me in Maryland and by chance found a posting on another forum from him. I managed to purchase a set of NOS Leyland ST close ratio gears for the Rover 5-speed. They were still in the BL box with the individual parts listing!
2354658440103910108S500x500Q85.jpg

2185648720103910108S500x500Q85.jpg

He also threw in a service tool.....anyone know what this is used for??? I know!
2155797820103910108S500x500Q85.jpg

He had all kinds of parts left over that all had some story attached to each one of them. He also had sitting in the back the helmet he won the 1981 SCCA National champoinship in a TR8. I tried to buy that but I did not have enough room for the zeros on the check!
2755548280103910108S500x500Q85.jpg

To cap it all off he signed my book Triumph TR7 The Untold Story. Oh what a day............

Twosheds

Darth Vader
Wow, that is too cool, Michael. Ken was one fast driver.

I well remember when he entered the GT-1 TR8 in a National at Summit Point. I was crewing for a GT-1 Camaro. Ken was practicing and for some reason Fred, the Camaro driver, wasn't on track and we were watching.

"Time Slagle", Fred said. I got Slagle at a 1:19 something. Since the fastest Fred had ever done was a 1:23, Fred just kind of hung his head and muttered something under his breath.

Ken was on another level.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yea John, but if I remember correctly Fred's car was louder.

Monkeywrench

Jedi Trainee
For those that don't know, Ken also won an FP Championship in a Spitfire and was a hot shoe in the hillclimb scene in a TR3 before that.

OP
WedgeWorks

WedgeWorks

Jedi Trainee
When Ken was going through his stuff in storage he had a tool box wiht a trophy on top of it from a Hill Climb from 1968 1st Place with a TR2 or TR3 on top of the trophy. He aslo had a huge box filled with more awards & trophies. I would have loved to seen them!