• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A Worth of '57 TR3

robscountach

Freshman Member
Good Day !
I hear this is the place to be... and ask !

Friend has a '57 TR3 that was restored about 10 years ago. The condition is garaged and driven little since restoration.

Any idea what its worth ? Just a guess ?

Thanks Folks,
RobsCountach

Kurtis

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
You might check www.nada.com for a rough idea. Actual worth would vary based on the quality of the restoration, but I'd guess he's looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of $10,000... and that *is* a guess.

Kurtis

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
If he can take it to a show and shine and 99% of the people think it's a high quality car -- meaning the interior and exterior look really shiny with no big defects, and the car runs well -- he's basically looking in the $9,500-$12K range, depending on if the car has wire wheels, overdrive, is painted a correct color etc...

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I agree with Sammy - though MY '57 is worth twice that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Seriously, the 10K range is probably where most decent examples would be. A good rule of thumb is to compare the national auctions with ebay. Asking prices are just that...

Mickey

MGTF1250Dave

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Aloha,

Moss Motors quarterly magazine, British Motoring just had an article regarding the TR2 & 3. Here is a ink to their buyers guide article:

https://www.britishmotoring.net/bm0402/trbg/trbg.html

I think you find that Kurtis, Sam and Mickey are right on. Ultimately, the price is based what the owner is willing to accept to part with it and how much you're will to pay to get it. In some locations the market for older British cars is very depressed because there are very few potential buyers, Hawaii seems to be one of these places. Also to sell cars here on e-bay to someone on the mainland adds a lot to the total cost because of ocean shipping. Good luck.

Safety Fast,
Dave

BRIAN TOWNE

Ah "What the market will bare". In the same magazine as Dave refered to, there are three side curtain TR's, 2- 3A's and a 3B. All quite similar and within 1000.00 of each other. low of $11,500. high of $12,500. Sounds like you guys are pretty darn close.
Brian

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
By the way, keep in mind that although these are the average values, you can get REALLY NICE cars for much less. The object is to find cars with motivated sellers. I've bought cars from guys who needed to pay taxes in a matter of days, and bought for less than half of its value.

Other cars are in great shape exterior/interior and even mostly in mechanicals, but have been sitting from lack of use, and therefore just need new fuel filters, fuel and sometimes new brake cylinder seals to be absolutely perfect. In these cases, depending on the mechanical ability of the owner, you might pay $5,000 for a $10,000 TR3.