• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Antique Parking Meters?

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Howdy gang:

Anyone happen to know anything about antique parking meters? I picked up a 1930s vintage Miller parking meter at a flea market this weekend and I'd like to restore it, but it's locked! I could always drill it out, but I'd rather not.

Thanks!

B.

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
Can just about find a site for anything....thought you'd find this interesting:

Parking Meters

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
Try "Liberty Lock" in Rockville. They are really good. 301 424 LOCK

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Congrats on the find, Bill....is it just the head or did you get the complete stand also?

& thanks for the link, Bibber....I have an antique parking meter also....my grandson likes to put pennies in it to see it work.....& he knows how to open the coin box to retrieve his pennies.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
BIBBER said:

Parking Meters
Looks like some great information! But I'm assuming this isn't exactly new text. Witness this quote: <span style="font-style: italic">...But if you think you're up to it, give it a try. Just go slow, and pay attention to how things fit when you take them out. Make sketches or take <span style="text-decoration: underline">Polaroids</span> to help when you go back together....</span>

:smile:

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
MadRiver said:
Howdy gang:

Anyone happen to know anything about antique parking meters? I picked up a 1930s vintage Miller parking meter at a flea market this weekend and I'd like to restore it, but it's locked! I could always drill it out, but I'd rather not.

Thanks!

B.

Destroying the lock <span style="font-weight: bold">WILL</span> destroy it's value! Take it to a lock smith.

William

Darth Vader
Andrew Mace said:
BIBBER said:

Parking Meters
Looks like some great information! But I'm assuming this isn't exactly new text. Witness this quote: <span style="font-style: italic">...But if you think you're up to it, give it a try. Just go slow, and pay attention to how things fit when you take them out. Make sketches or take <span style="text-decoration: underline">Polaroids</span> to help when you go back together....</span>

:smile:

Well it does say that the site was last updated in 2001. And it looks it, too (much as I found it interesting).

-Wm.

OP
MadRiver

MadRiver

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks guys! I'll certainly take it to a locksmith. The real challenge appears to be finding parts, but I continue to search. My favorite part of the meter is that it takes pennies, nickles and dimes only.