• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 Sweet TR250 in NY, but where is radiator shroud??

kodanja

Obi Wan
Country flag
its very nice, but not 29k nice'

RobT

Jedi Warrior
"One of the rarest TR250s in the world" Wonder what makes it so rare?

BTW - I believe the TR250s came with just the cardboard baffles for the radiator, not a full shroud.

Rob.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
RobT said:

Rob.

The awful color?? :sick:

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
martx-5 said:
RobT said:

Rob.

The awful color?? :sick:
"Awful" is in the eye of the beholder, of course!
grin.gif

The fact that it's Wedgewood Blue probably is what makes it "rare"; Wedgewood was on its way out in 1968, just as Valencia was on its way in. I suspect there were very few TR250s in Wedgewood, ever?

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
It's a much better deal than that $92K TR4 sold by Barrett-Jackson a few years ago. Same color, I believe...

rjc157

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
hi ralph from ny i've seen the car it is sweet it's very close to nut and bolt restoration the paint is superb but like you say prics sayts it all he'll probably sell it overseas

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Another thing going for it is the seller. He's been on ebay a long while; I've bought from him before (parts), and was very satisfied.

Country flag
My 250 is pretty original and all it has are the cardboard baffles on each side on the radiator. If he hired the restoration out, hes probably got close to $29k in it. Don't care for the light blue on a 250 but looks good on TR3.

Marv

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Paul: 250's never had "proper" shrouds, but they did have deflectors that attached to the sides of the radiator. These lasted about 15 minutes after you drove through your first puddle. Actually they do improve cooling a bit by redirecting air at road speed.

Attachments

• 18675.jpg
    18675.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 239

rjc157

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
having seen the car the blue does look good it really is quite stunning but i can't afford something like that , i bet he would deal if someone was interested but he probably wouldn't take less that 25 for it the paint job alone was 12500 thats what he told me

V

vagt6

It never ceases to amaze me how the prices on these cars keep escalating. It would surprise me a bit if that car went for the asking price of $29K.

Rare and beautiful cars, and the big six adds to the allure. Wonderful touring car.

$30-$35K for nice TR-3s; now TR250s up there, too. Where will it stop? What's driving the demand? Are we baby boomers driving these prices? If so, we can expect them to keep spiraling upward as we retire and have more time and money to spend on hobbies (that's my guess).

If I won the lottery . . . :cryin:

TR_JOE250

Country flag
$12,500 for a paint job where if you look close you'll notice they painted over the rubber buffers on the inner fenders, and where is the cap to the washer btl? $29,000 and not a single shot of the interior, no OD It seems like a good sell, bad buy at that price.

mikecyc72usa

Jedi Trainee
I used to live in Kingston, and that's just up Rt 32 from New Paltz. I used to ride my bike by this guy's place every time I climbed Mohonk. I've seen his work, we got to be friends. He's been doing this for a long, long time. I recall all kinds of Triumphs at his place back in 1990 when I first rode by his place. I can vouch for quality of mechanical work he does. I just about fell over when I saw the listing if this is the 250 I think it is when I last saw it in 2006. That was a solid but cosmetically horrible car. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought that car to what we see now.

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Re: Sweet TR250 in NY, but where is radiator shrou

Nice car and it may very well be worth th $29K asking price. From the few pictures I can see it certainly looks to be in very good condition but that's the problem, there is only a few pics. For a car that's looking for $29 thousand dollars I would want to see a LOT more pics both larger, clearer and with a lot more detail both inside and out, in the engine bay and from the underside. As I say, may very well be worth the asking price but how can you really tell from just 6 small pics?