• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jag XJ6 Series 1 / Kit car

Sorta

Freshman Member
Hi All,
I have just acquired a 1970 XJ6 Series 1 based E-Type kit car made by CCC Challenger. It is absolutely fantastic and my dad had this from 1988 when he built it. I am interested in converting the wheels from the XJ6 steel rims & nuts to real knock-off wires. Any ideas / gotchas / thoughts?
cheers,

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the forum!!!

I think that this topic has been covered in the Jaguar forum in the past. I'll check.

In the meantime, I seem to remember that the project would have been very expensive. It'll look great, there's no question. Do you have pictures of the car as it is at the moment? Firstly, we would love to see them and secondly, there may be some suggestions as to a good alternative.

Why not throw your question at the guys in the Jaguar forum (there are several current and former Jaguar certified wrenches who lurk on there) and see where this leads?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome - I'd love to see photos of your car.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There sorta,

"Welcome" to the BCF. One of "THEE" best Brit Car Forums you`ll ever find, Anywhere.

As someone had requested; Please post some pics. I`ve been an "E-Type" junkie for a long time & Love them to death. I`ve owned "4" of them. I`d love to see what a "Reproduction" E-Type looks like?

Thanx from all of us,

Russ

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'm in the middle of getting serious about my Replica project. It's a 1950 XK120 plastic skin over a 94 XJS 4.0. I'm looking for steel wheels myself. Prefer the look etc.

BabaKahawa

Jedi Knight
Glad you joined the forum.
Get some pictures up, would like to see the car.
Have a good time here.
:cheers: