• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A "WANTED" TR3 PROJECT:

toysrrus

Yoda
"WANTED" TR3 PROJECT:

Howdy Folks,

As most of you know; I`ve been playing on the "Spridget" forum since the purchase of my `59 Frogeye & the sale of my `66 TR4A. It`s a cute car & and an exc. everyday driver but I`m looking for a "TR3 PROJECT" to play with.

I`d post this in the classifieds but my past exp. responses have not been too good there; Sorry Basil. Anyways, This is what I`m looking for:

TR2, TR3 or 3A: I`m not concerned about the cosmetics Inside or Out (Should be relatively solid) & mostly complete:

I don`t care if its a matching #`s car or not; As long as its a TR3 Engine or maybe a TR4 Engine & Trans. might be of interest?

I don`t care if it does`nt have a Top, Tonneau or Side Curtains:

Hey Banjo; I sent you a couple of emails regarding your TR2 & I have`nt heard back so; Am I too presume Its Sold? $5K won`t sell it to me by the way.

So; Please folks let me know what you have via email at: toysrrus@att.net:

"Thanx" in Advance,

Russ

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Re: "WANTED" TR3 PROJECT:

Russ - welcome back!

"Project" can mean many things ... a 9/10 car that needs a new harness and final polishing, or a pile of rust with a recognizable steering wheel.

What kind of project are you looking for?

Tom

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Hi Tom,

I`m looking for something I can "Take Apart" hopefully without removing the body. I have all the time in the world to do a nice "Body-On Driver Cond" car. As I had mentioned, I`m not concerned about Int or Ext cosmetics. I`m not concerned about the chrome. I`m not even concerned about the engine (If its running or not) as I would pull the engine & trans anyway & have all of the above re-built (In Time). If someone of the sheet metal would need work; Thats fine but no "Rust Thru" especially in the Chassis. I guess you get the picture? Whomever may be reading this; Please email me with "What you Have, A description and some Pics" would be great. Then we can negotiate from there.

Again, "Thanx" in Advance & Looking forward to getting back in the "Triumph" groove.

Regards, Russ

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

Russ,
Glad to hear that you are looking for a TR3. This ad is nearly a year old link, but it probably is something like what you want although it was for a 3B, and who knows if it ever sold anyway....

Good luck with this quest

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Hi Dave,

Long time no hear. How are things @ the Museum? I`ve been a TR3 junkie for a long time especially after owning two `58s. The link you sent is basically what I would be looking for. I read some of the comments & it appears the seller did`nt want to show the car???? Perhaps the pics were taken "Before" the TR had seen better days??

Keep an eye out for me folks. I`d love to come back to the "Wonderful World of Triumphs"!!!!!

Regards, Russ

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Good luck. I've been looking for another TR3 project since I screwed up and sold my old one in 1986. No luck finding one I can afford.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Howdy billspit,

Do you by any chance belong to the "FBCC"? If not; You should. What are you currently driving?

Regards, Russ

Brosky

Great Pumpkin

Nice to see you back Bud!!!

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Hi Paul,

"Thanx" for the "Welcome Back". Its only "Part Time" for now. Hopefully It`ll be more "Full Time" in the near future.

Regards, Russ

Brosky

Great Pumpkin

Keep us posted with what you are up to as you get something to fill your idle hours.

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag

Russ,
I just noticed in your location that you have left the Poconos and moved south. I just bought a used camper at Timothy Lake in the Poconos on Thursday and will start being up there more of the time...

The museum is doing okay. We still need more publicity and more visitors. When there are special events we have some big days, and the current show of cars from the Bulgari collection is very nice and a crowd favorite too. I keep getting lots of great comments from our patrons, and see a number of them coming back with friends too. When I was there on Tuesday, we had people in from CT who thought they should get free admission for coming the furthest, but were told that we also had a visitor from South Africa there at the same time, so the word is slowly spreading...

I will let you know if I see anything for you.

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Howdy Gil,

"THANX" for the Hds Up. I just emailed the seller for more pics, desc etc.

I wish the little sucker was a bit closer. The cost of shipping from the West coast to the East is pretty juicy these days; But, We`ll see.

For all you nice TR folks out there looking out for my better interests and a fun project; "THATS BASICALLY WHAT I`M LOOKING FOR". (+ or -) on the almight $$$ & closer to the East Coast would surely be a huge benefit.

"Thanx" Gil,

Russ

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Brooklands said:
Russ,
I just noticed in your location that you have left the Poconos and moved south. I just bought a used camper at Timothy Lake in the Poconos on Thursday and will start being up there more of the time...

The museum is doing okay. We still need more publicity and more visitors. When there are special events we have some big days, and the current show of cars from the Bulgari collection is very nice and a crowd favorite too. I keep getting lots of great comments from our patrons, and see a number of them coming back with friends too. When I was there on Tuesday, we had people in from CT who thought they should get free admission for coming the furthest, but were told that we also had a visitor from South Africa there at the same time, so the word is slowly spreading...

I will let you know if I see anything for you.

Hi Dave,

I moved down here approx. 2mo. ago. I finally sold (Gave Away) my house up North. The best way I can describe the "Up-State, SC" area is this: "LBC HEAVEN"!! The roads (All the Roads) around here have been designed for sports car driving. Best Wishes with your camper @ Timothy Lk. I used to play quite a bit of Golf @ Fernwood Resorts & many of the courses along RT. 209. If you want to know a good route to exit & enter there without hassling all the weekend traffic; Let me know & I`ll email you the "Escape Route"!!

Regards, Russ

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag

toysrrus said:
Howdy billspit,

Do you by any chance belong to the "FBCC"? If not; You should. What are you currently driving?

Regards, Russ

I belong to the SBMOC which meets in Spartanburg. Some of our members belong to both clubs.

My current driver of a 64 Spitfire. But it's off the road until I can figure out a noise from the rear. I need a proper hub puller. I also have a 1980 Spit that is partially redone. The motor is rebuilt and on a stand. I need some parts to finish the twin carb conversion then it should be drivable. Unfortunatley, one or the other will likely have to be sold at some point.

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Russ
If you ever find that TR3, let me know. I have a Bentley manual left over from the one I owned years ago. Seems the only way I'll ever find a chance at another TR3 is to get rid on the manual as some kind of jinx.

Country flag

I may just have to go check out that black TR3..... I'm close enough.....

OP
toysrrus

toysrrus

Yoda

Hey Peter,

Its more than I wanted to spend but I agree with yourself; Its worth looking into. I wonder how much those "`57(?)Chevy Hubcaps are worth??? Please keep us posted on your opinion.

"billspit": I know "Hap Waldrop" is a member of the club (Also the FBCC). He invited me to your next meeting but un-fortunately I can`t make it. Maybe we`ll get together at a show or someplace in the near future. If a show; Look for a decent driver `59 Red on Red "Frogeye".

Regards, Russ

billspit

Jedi Knight
Country flag

toysrrus said:
Hey Peter,

"billspit": I know "Hap Waldrop" is a member of the club (Also the FBCC). He invited me to your next meeting but un-fortunately I can`t make it. Maybe we`ll get together at a show or someplace in the near future. If a show; Look for a decent driver `59 Red on Red "Frogeye".

Regards, Russ

Sure thing. We have probably already met and didn't know it. I worked the car show at Furman this year and was at Hap's when he rebuilt the A engine a couple of months ago.