• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hadrian Commer

commer

Freshman Member
I have a 1962 British caravan called a Hadrian Commer. It has British plates, it runs, it has a sunbeam engine, I think. It has a wood burning stove inside. It is lefthand drive.
Does anyone know anything about these and what it might be worth?
Tim In Bailey Colorado <font color="black"> </font>

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Welcome to the BCF! The Commer van was a common sight in the UK at one time, and the conversion to a camper was popular. Hadrian will be the company that carried out the conversion. The engine was probably used in several Sunbeam models, together with Hillmans and other Rootes Group marques.

EmmaJNation

Country flag
is it one of these?......
(found on https://www.commer.org/ )
Hadrian.JPEG_copy.jpg

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I'm guessing what you have looks something like this...

CommerMotorhome.jpg

I saw this Commer Highwayman motorhome in Canmore, Alberta a few years ago (it's not there anymore). I suspect Canada and the States had slightly different motorhomes but the same basic concept.

If that is what you own... I'd suggest that the RV (in running, driving, decent condition) is worth around $3K to $5K, to determine price is hard to know for sure over here because demand is nil-to-none for them here in North America. There are a few enthusiasts of them but they are spread out over this vast continent.

Thinking of selling anyway?

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Patton said: OK that it cool! As I have said in other posts my dad is trying to get into Airstreams. I think this would be a much neater route!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a few around here and there... I know of one Commer motorhome that may or may not still be available in northern Alberta (came across a message in a website guestbook), and there was a pair of them on E-Bay recently - both out of Victoria, B.C. - I know they didn't sell in that auction anyway. All of the above are restoration candidates.

Not sure what Commer has in mind for that one in Colorado...

Speaking of old British campers - there is one 1970 Bedford CF camper in B.C., kind of neat story, the truck is originally a left-hand-drive vehicle, purchased in I believe northern Europe (Scandanavia?), brought to Canada in early-1970's, used briefly and then stored for many years, now it's back on the road again, but not for sale in this case...