• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Renault throw Symonds and Briatore under the bus..

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
So they get canned, Renault ING don't deny charges and they get a slap on the wrists?
I think we'll see them next season, just think canning them two is to appease more than anything.
Presser.

Shane

Jedi Warrior
I'm really curious to see what comes out of the hearing on the 21st. Who really knew what. From what Piquet Jr. said, the Renault engineers were really pressing him as to why he was full throttle in that corner, since they couldn't figure out a mechanical reason for the accident. I think Flavio's ego has more to do with this than Renault does. But, who knows? Hopefully we'll find out. Hopefully Mosley won't sweep some key details under the rug to help Renault save face...

T

Tinster

Baz said:
So they get canned, Renault ING don't deny charges and they get a slap on the wrists?
I think we'll see them next season, just think canning them two is to appease more than anything.
Presser.

I agree with ya, Baz.
F1 cannot afford anything more serious that a slap.

OP
Baz

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Well, I don't think they can afford to lose Renault. This way they'll get their punishment tacked on to this season, next season is a clean slate.
Next season though, I think Bernie wants 14 teams in it, BMW Sauber are 'on the bubble' for now, so I guess there'll be 28 cars on the grid next year?
With new cash, BMW will stay I think.
With those 2 gone, I can't see the council imposing as serious a penalty as what they may have, if they'd still be employed and denying it.