• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Truck, truck, truck, truck......

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Sooo after whining for a couple years now that I needed a truck,but not having the $$ to do anything about it I finally struck a deal with a friend for a "well loved" 94 chevy pick-em-up. I repacked and adjusted the wheel bearings on his camper, and finished up the quarter-panal replacement on a rusty 91 corolla. Work all done, the trade should happen tomorrow. Wish me luck that all goes well. I'll need to try and get all the stuff swapped over and go to the DMV at lunch. Nothing like packing 2 hours worth of running around into an hour lunch. I'll post photos in the "other cars" forum, just wanted to blab about it in the pub.
I'm gettin a truuuuck, I'm gettin a truuuck.... :jester:

terriphill

Darth Vader
ooooh I'm jealous! I have wanted a pick-me-up truck since I was 16, but either couldn't afford one or couldn't justify it with kids, dogs and groceries. I figure I got about 4 more years and then...good-bye suburban-soccer-mom SUV and HELLO pick up truck!!!

Country flag
Don't forget to get a "Yes, this is MY truck and NO, I won't help you move!" bumper sticker when you're running around tomorrow! :smile:

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Every man needs at least 1 truck!!

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
I wouldn't know how to function without a P/U, and at least one trailer. Earlier in life, I had an E350 van which had to serve both functions, kids and dogs hauler and regular truck uses. That bad boy, with the seats out would haul a cord of fire wood.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Like Tony,I've got 2 trucks - the '94 Dakota Club Cab
that I bought from the original owner in 2001 for $1500,&
the '68 F250 Camper Special that's in almost excellent shape.
I use the Dakota as a DD,& use the Ford when I need a tow
vehicle,or to haul big things.At 8-13 MPG,the Ford doesn't
get driven much.

- Doug

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
You remind me of one of our local race car drivers... He depends on a co-worker (with a truck) to get his car to and from and the track, which almost backfired on him about a month ago... Does this photo tell you all you need to know? :lol:

3816155769_00a43e216f.jpg

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy Banjo,

Hey; I sent you an email a few days ago asking if your TR is still for sale; Is it?

I suspect it is cause you got the "Truck"!!

Russ

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Sherlock said:
You remind me of one of our local race car drivers... He depends on a co-worker (with a truck) to get his car to and from and the track, which almost backfired on him about a month ago... Does this photo tell you all you need to know? :lol:

3816155769_00a43e216f.jpg

Except why you would have a rig like that without a truck to pull it.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yep, 2 trucks...my 1998 Dodge 1500 w/5.9L V8 engine & my 1993 Sonoma w/4.3LV6...I've owned the Sonoma since new (actually ordered it my way) & right now it is in the body shop for detailing...gotta pull some dents, replace both bumpers & the chrome grille surround so there'll be some paintwork - but not the entire vehicle..then they'll sand & buff the clear coat to bring back its shine....we even have all new moulding to go around it....at 350,000+ miles, I think it has earned a facelift.

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
ALl went well. the new-old Chevy is in the back yard with my plates on it. All I had time for tonight was some initial cleanup. blasted and scrubbed the crud outta the bed, started cleaning the interior, put the first application of armor-all on the dash in ,probably, forever after scrubbing the layer of grime off it. It'll be a couple of weeks of working on cleaning in my off time before it's where I'll call it good. Work truck or not, it can still be presentable. then it'll be on to all the little things it needs. pullin some of the minor dents, puttin on the trailer hitch, getting the power locks working, getting a decent CD player..
New toy! lots of fun.
I guess I'm an official gearhead now. I can now say that at one time in my life I've owned a Chevy 350.

OP
Banjo

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
and , a pic
6820_1170835044799_1645684933_460566_6405637_n.jpg

Trying to decide if it should be "Ol' Blue" or "Big Blue" or "The Blue Meanie"

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Nice, good score. But you don't look anything like your avitar.

And thats a good thing.

terriphill

Darth Vader
Nice Score!!!!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
But, Armor-all???????

14dna

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Ben;

Definitely "Big Blue"
There ain't nothin' better than a good ol' Chevy.
Clean and polish, (you'll only do it this once) and then drive it like ya stole it.
Good score.

Dave :savewave:

T

Tinster

Schweet deal ya brokered, Ben.
A whole lot nicer looking than I expected.
I'll bet yer a happy man.

We're happy for you!!

Wendy says Hi.

best regards,

dale

PS: I'm kinda partial to "Ole Blue"
reminds me of a faithful old hound dog.