• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to fit one Europa inside another Europa....

RobT

Jedi Warrior
Just installed a Becker Europa into my Lotus Europa.

What could be more appropriate(and stylish)!

Actually don't use it - have an IPod and concealed amp for sounds - but the Becker looks so cool!

Seen here in my all-original crinkly dash:

Becker.jpg

The dash cut-out is the perfect size - no "fettling" required.

Rob

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Get ready for some good sounds - while it works! My old Becker Europa would go out once every 6 months or so - just the AM side....we'd send it in to Becker & they'd repair it & it'd last another 6 months or so....but, great sounds....does yours have the weather channels?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Looks appropriate, Rob.

By '74 we were schtupping Blaupunkt units in that hole. With cassette players built right in. Very high tech!

OP
RobT

RobT

Jedi Warrior
Brosky said:
Veddy British looking, you know!

Blimey - when I do hook it up it will only play Wagner!

To the Doc's comment - I'm suprised cassette players in '74 - wasn't 8-Track all the rage back then? (First car I owned had an 8-track player - now there was a "seamed like a good idea at the time" technology.)

I'll stick with the IPod. (Intrestingly these have a 5-pin DIN plug in the back and you can get an adapter for feeding an external source - including an IPod - directly into the radio. Not bad for a '60s radio. Its only mono though.)

Rob.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Very "new" then. Actually it was '75, I worked at a dealership. Taking prospective buyers on a demo ride was umm... interesting. :wink:

Reactions were everything from "Where do I sign?" to "Okay, okay, pull over... I'm gonna puke!"

Western PA backroads. :devilgrin: