• This "National Events" forum is expressly for posting national events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

British Invasion of Stowe

hutten

Clint,
Nice photos!
Rich

I just booked two nights at the Grey Fox Inn in Stowe. Some places are requiring 3 nights, I am planning two. Things are booking up quickly in the area.

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Rich- working on another SP250. The one in my avatar. We booked the same room in the Ye Olde Inne as we were checking out. We should try for a BCF gathering somewhere/time during the show.

hutten

Hi Dale,
I arrive Friday, when the time comes we should post plans for sometime Friday afternoon (before the evening event) for an informal gathering outside at the PUB the English Inn.
Rich

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Hi Rich- hope you can pick this up. Yes, we are here at Olde English with the like-new car. Picked it up Tues night and left mid-day yesterday. Drove it for the first time in 20 years this afternoon. Only went a mile, but how sweet it is. As you know if you are here, it started to rain about 3.

Daimlers have their own class this year, so make sure you stop by. I will likely be next to a burgundy SP with FL antique plates. He drove it up for our Daimler annual event in DE last weekend, flew back to FL Sun and to MD Yesterday. We then caravaned up here.
Hope we can meet!!!

hutten

Dale,
I thought I saw your car. We were at the Grey Fox Inn this year. Sorry I missed. I did not see the post until I returned to KS.

I did get some pics at. photos-by-hut

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Of the 4 SP's there, mine was the one with the top up, dark color. Sorry we missed you. In my shakedown driving Sunday, went to the top of Mt Mansfield on the Toll Rd. After 20 mins of 1st gear climbing, it overheated. No damage, just turned around and it was fine by the time we got back to the highway. Need a bigger fan, or 2nd fan.

OP
DART

DART

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Hey Rich, we are registered and booked into Ye Olde England...then find out our 45 yr old daughter in OR has decided she'd like to have kids after all, so is supposed to deliver twins middle of Sept. Twins are supposed to come early, so there is a chance we'll make it. Or at least I might.