• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Calico Coatings [now with exclusive photographs!]

Tabcon

Jedi Warrior
No, not for your cat.

While I was waiting for MORE machine work on the block, I decided to send some stuff to Calico Coatings to have it coated. It's not expensive and if it helps things
run a bit smoother, what the heck. They did a great job and if UPS hadn't of lost the package for a few days, everything would have been perfect.

I decided not to get one of those aluminum front engine plates and keep my original one instead. The stock one isn't that heavy and I couldn't see spending another 200 bucks to lose a pound or two. I had Calico coat the front plate with their chrome like header coating. I suppose they could have cleaned it up a bit more before coating it, but all in all, it looks pretty cool and the coating should hold up well. It's not quite as shiny as chrome, which is fine with me, and it really looks more like stainless steel than chrome.

web.jpg

pjsmetana

Jedi Warrior
Re: Calico Coatings

Any pictures? I sure do love pictures :smile: