• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Taste of Britan

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Attended the Lanco MG club show "A Taste of Britan" at Rothsville PA today. The weather finally broke and it didn't ran on our parade!! Was a tad hot & humid, but dry.
This was my 4th show this summer w/ my 2500M and as is the case at most shows I had the only TVR in attendance. There was a nice mix of cars w/ approximately 225 attending. It's always quite a "kick" to show the TVR and colelct questions and comemnts and educate the public on our marque.
What a great way to spend a summer Sunday!

Attachments

• 18187.jpg
    18187.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 205
  • 18188.jpg
    18188.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 18189.jpg
    18189.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 198

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
Were you at Hellertown this year? If so I asked quite a few questions there!

Bruce

OP
R

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Yep, that was my 1st time at Hellertown. Very nice show & great venue. (a little muddy) but the TVR's were on high ground.
Assume you're a scuba diver?? Love LBC's and scuba diving.

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Looks great Ralph. Rather fun being the only one, but it looks like you left room for mine right next to yours. It may be a while before mine sees another show as I've started the process of tearing things apart. Based on past experieince that's the easy part. It's getting it all put back together that really takes the time. But time well spent and hopefully enjoyable. You should try to come the Hunt Country Classic in Virginaia in Oct. Great event and venue and usually a smattering of TVRs.

Ed

OP
R

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Ed,
Would have looked good as "bookends" at the show. Several people commented on seeing both of our TVR's at Gettysburg. Good luck w/ the tranny, do the slave & clutch MC while you're at it. Also, there is a cluster of ground wires buried on the right side & w/ the tranny out it would be good time to clean/replace as necssary.
I'll check out the show in VA. Do they have a WEB site I can visit?

TRclassic3

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Ralph

Here's a link to Hunt Country Classic:
https://www.mgcarclubdc.com/hcc/hcc_main.html

Chances are will not have the TVR there as I once I get into things I will no doubt be smitten with shipwrights disease. I have pulled the center console off and found out why a couple of the switches were not working. Completely blown apart and in pieces. Guess I'll replacing all of them just to be sure. One thing will always lead to another. Funny thing when just getting this far...spent the most time trying to get the gear shift knob off. It was simply spinning on it's insert. Finally gave up and split it open. Sometimes it's the small things....

Thanks for the tips! I need all I can get.

OP
R

ralph_s

Jedi Trainee
Maybe the gear shift knob was your problen and not your clutch!!!! Right............
The trick will be to know when to stop "fixing" things and just put it back together.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Ralph... I also attended the show with my TR6. I did happen to see your car there. Sorry we did not get a chance to introduce ourselves... next year!
My car is the damson plum TR...