• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Woodstock Generation-PBS TV

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hope some of you guys are watching this.....it's amazing.

It's on all weekend. There was even a lot of Brit cars in the San Francisco footage of the Summer of Love.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll try to catch it.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Just remember: Never trust anybody over 80.

:devilgrin: :jester:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Brooklands

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
aeronca65t said:
Hope some of you guys are watching this.....it's amazing.

It's on all weekend. There was even a lot of Brit cars in the San Francisco footage of the Summer of Love.

I found this post on Saturday evening, but at that hour both of our PBS stations on our cable system were showing Lawrence Welk reruns. Not quite the same as Woodstock...

I was only 7 years old.....

m

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
I was preoccupied...

ET1.gif

V

vagt6

I was in high school and many of us were absolutely riveted to and by the whole Woodstock scene. Bought the soundtrack album and started listening to music by many of the bands who played at Woodstock. I didn't buy or wear a pair of clogs, however! :lol:

One of my faves was "Mountain" (their big hit: "Mississippi Queen" - remember?). Leslie West; Felix Peppalardi and his soulful voice, really a rockin' band. I have all of their music CDs and still listen on occasion. Great R&B music, if you like that kinda stuff.

Not to mention Hendrix . . . what a talent!

Peace and love: we could use a bit more of it today, methinks. :yesnod:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
My interest in Woodstock is immeasurable :wink:

But in the spirit of the moment, I feel this pretty well captures it. (This was posted once a while back)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just watched a History Channel special on Woodstock.

No question that it was more than a music event. And I agree with what someone said toward the end of the special, we could use another Woodstock about now...

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Mickey Richaud said:
....we could use another Woodstock about now...

+1

By the way, I had planned on going to Woodstock.
I'd already participated in the Watkins Glen "Bog"....I figured it would be similar but with more music (and girls) and less cars. It was only a few hours ride by car.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get off from my supermarket job so I couldn't attend.
A bunch of my friends went.

They came back and told me it was horrible and it was just as well that I didn't go.
<span style="font-style: italic">Nowadays </span> their story has changed and they say it was great! :laugh:

Ah well......I *do* wish I had gone just to be part of it. :grouphug:

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Nial, That's amazing to me. I waved goodbye to my friends as they drove off to Woodstock in a 1960 Studebacker Lark. I wasn't going with them, because I could not schedule off from my job at the supermarket. They also came back telling me I was lucky not to have gone - and today they too describe it as an incredible experience.

Country flag
My memories of Woodstock are my friends leaving to go there, while my recruiter put me on the bus to Parris Island. I did get to see the movie years later..... :yesnod:

Larry

V

vagt6

Larry, talk about a contrast . . . Parris Island or Woodstock.

Holy cow. :shocked:

Country flag
:lol: Yep, that's exactly what I thought!!