• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Deals on eBay

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Man, there are some good deals on eBay lately...I've bought 3 items where I was the only bidder & all 3 were well under what catalogs sell them for or what the collector world usually pays for collectibles.....wonder if eBay is getting hit by the economy? I know I'm looking at it daily now.

Country flag
There's a certain 4 wheeled vehicle in a state south of me I am watching closely....keep your paws off, I saw it first!! LOL :laugh:

terriphill

Darth Vader
We have been parting out a 280Z lately...since we don't really care what the parts go for we set prices low and have almost sold the whole thing...so we have had some extra $$$ to spend and have found some really great deals.

70herald

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I regularly scan fleabay for Herald bits, mostly in the UK. While I haven't exactly done a scientific study, there seem to be at least 3 times the number of items being listed vs 1+ year ago. Many of them seem to be from people "cleaning out the shed" It certainly appears that the economy is causing lots of people to look for a few extra dollars pounds....

V

vagt6

I check eBay practically daily for select LBCs for sale and have done so for years. There definitely are more LBCs for sale in the past few months.

I don't think prices have fallen much for the nicer cars, but maybe a bit for the ones in bad condition.

Exciting, really, especially if you're in the market for another LBC! :yesnod:

Country flag
I use e-bay's saved search facility to monitor what's offered for sale and send me an e-mail whenever something I'm looking for turns up. It's great and I've seen things that I might not have otherwise logged on and found.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Hmm.. I've been holding off putting the TR2 on ebay but it may wind up there soon. I still have some other places to try too.

terriphill

Darth Vader
E-bay right now is NOT where you want to go to sell anything....but if you are in the market to pick up some parts cheap...it's really got some bargains.
We use E-bay like its a garage sale...any price is better than the junkyard where we have to pay someone to dispose of it. With that attitude, we've made over $500 on bits and spares that were cluttering up our garage. Of course...I immediately used the $$ to buy parts for the B. This way our hobby sort of supports itself! LOL

1965_MGB

Jedi Warrior
I am watching a few things on ebay right now, and I am kind of surprised to see that there are no bidders as yet. Not saying what I am looking at, since I know one of you guys would outbid me :wink:.

I just picked up a set of fuel hoses for the B. They are Petroflex branded. I got both the long hose and the short hose (all braided steel stuff) for $12. Not too bad if I say so myself.

V

vagt6

Seems to me that eBay is a resource that's a no-brainer for selling relatively rare cars like LBCs. The market exposure is tremendous, none like it. And the cost is very attractive, hardly worth mentioning.

What's not to like?? Set your reserve wherever you wish, and list the car!

Unless you have a strong market otherwise (i.e., you're President of a big LBC car club, or you're a professional restorer/car dealer/etc.), eBay is a win-win for all involved, IMHO. If it doesn't sell you've lost a few bucks.

I've sold several cars and motorcycles on eBay, got better than retail price on every single one. On one car, the auction got into a bidding "war" among 4 bidders and I got more than <span style="text-decoration: underline">twice</span> the retail value of the car (a very nice Taurus SHO).

You can't lose.

Again, what's not to like about selling LBCs on eBAy??