• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Wedge I was bored...a couple of TR8 pics

GBRandy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
TR80613%204.jpg

TR80613%203.jpg

TR80613%202.jpg

TR80613%201.jpg

Just sittin in the driveway...need to get to a real spot I guess.....

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Nice looking car. Love to have one of those someday.

humanoid

Holy crap, that looks like you just drove it off the dealer's lot when it was new. How much work and $$$ did you put into it? If my 7 looked 1/2 as good as yours I'd be a happy man.

Next time you're bored, want to come over to SoCal and do some work on my 7? LOL

pjsmetana

Jedi Warrior
I've never really liked the look of the TR7/8 till now. All of the sudden I feel myself adding one to my 'to buy' list... Look what you made me do Randy!!!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
It's been said many times: The Wedges are the best kept secret, and were completely done in by folks who never bothered to enjoy them.

PICT0207.jpg

Taking mine out for a drive this afternoon. (If it doesn't rain!)

tr8todd

Jedi Knight
That is one straight car! With kids, bicycles, and constant activity in my garage, mine never stand a chance of looking that good.

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I never liked the 8 until I drove one. Very nice car to drive and enjoy. Some one near me has one for sale sometimes and says it pristene except for the fact that it was t-boned and the door gaps are now 5 times bigger than they should be, and it's been sitting for 10 years. I really like the look of the Grinnall TR8 in Piggotts new book. Yor car looks to be in great shape and someting to hold onto. Good luck with the TR3 search.

OP
GBRandy

GBRandy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks folks. I was messing around with an 85mm f1.2 lens if any of you are photographically inclined.... It creates some neat out of focus areas and depth of field tricks. I'll post more as another of my many hobbies is photography....

humanoid said:
Holy crap, that looks like you just drove it off the dealer's lot when it was new. How much work and $$$ did you put into it? If my 7 looked 1/2 as good as yours I'd be a happy man.

Next time you're bored, want to come over to SoCal and do some work on my 7? LOL

Funny, but I bought the car when I lived SO Cal.... I lived in Lakeweood working for McDonnell Douglas back in the late 1980's. If your TR7 was brown, we would need to talk. I sold mine out there.

How much money? Come now, we don't discuss that do we? :smile:

I had the car painted about 10 years ago by a local guy who excells in paint jobs. It took him 6 months, but you can read the headline lines from the newspaper reflected from 20 feet away :smile: I wax often.

TR80613%205.jpg

mrv8q

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
The shape of things to come!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
mrv8q said:
The shape of things to come!

And some of us have ours NOW! :wink:

TonyPanchot

Jedi Trainee
Out standing photography Randy

swift6

Yoda
GBRandy said:
Thanks folks. I was messing around with an 85mm f1.2 lens if any of you are photographically inclined.... It creates some neat out of focus areas and depth of field tricks. I'll post more as another of my many hobbies is photography....

"Depth of Field" is the area of <span style="font-style: italic">perceived</span> focus that builds 1/3 in front and 2/3 behind the point of focus (the true area of focus is plane parallel to the lens plane, on most cameras its also parallel to the film/sensor array plane). The smaller the aperture (larger numeric, eg f22) the greater the "depth of field", the larger the aperture (smaller numeric, eg f2.8) the lesser the "depth of field".

An 85mm (short telephoto) is an awesome portrait lens with just enough compression to not really be noticed but not a hint of wide angle distortion. A fast lens, one that can open the aperture very wide and 1.2 is VERY wide, is an excellent choice for making sure a persons entire face is in focus but the background can be a mottled blur. Often very pleasing to the eye.

Sorry, Photography is one of my professions. :wink: :square:

OP
GBRandy

GBRandy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Well, well, well. I feel like I am on POTN or Nikon Cafe. I am a regular at both....same forum name.

Nice to see some folks that share the same passion I do for photography. :smile:

The Canon 85 f1.2 is a favorite lens of mine for portraits. Never really tried it on a car and I need to get to wider places to make the most of it. The EXIF is all there is you pixel peepers want to look :wink:

I am more of a sports photographer than anything, but I have a set of AB lights and umbrellas just begging to be used on the TR8

Stay tuned.

swift6

Yoda
Haven't been on a photography forum in years. Last one was APUG (Analog Photographic Users Group). I still prefer light sensitive emulsions to an array of sensors, especially for my personal work. Its all just tools though, whichever method of gathering and writing with light you prefer.