• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Save the Date! Briritsh Invasion at CMP

Saturday November 14th at Carolina Motorsports Park in Kershaw, SC

Basicly same deal as last year, you get 2 on track sessions on CMP 2.2 mile road coaurse, we will be paced by CMP driving instructor, but it will be a sprited pace. This is the 2nd annual event, the folks that did it last year had a ball. I have more details soon. Here's a few photos form last year.

Attachments

• 17352.jpg
    17352.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 264
  • 17353.jpg
    17353.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 262
  • 17354.jpg
    17354.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 264

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Hap-is the British Invasion still on for November 14th? I want to pass the word around to a few other British car friends! Thanks, Eric

OP
Hap Waldrop
Hey Guys, we definately on for Nov. 14th, here's a link to the event flier, if you have any questions call me (864-370-3000) or the Carolina Motorsports Park. If you never been, it just a real laid back evnet where you get to driver your car spritedly on the race track in MG only session, drive at your own pace, fast or slow. Some of use spnt the night at the Colony Inn in Camden, SC and go out to dinner in Camden the night before, we always have a big time. CMP charges us nothoing more than gate fee, $5 a head to get in, and we get two 20 minute session on track during the lunch hour, they will be running a Track car day there, so you can check those guys out as well, even see some motorcylcles do laps. CMP is a nice facility, and they invite us to do this for you all to see the palce and spread the word, I guarantee you will have a great time, come join in the fun.

We normally get ther abpout 10am, park our cars together so we can look, kick tires, tell big stories, and do all the things car people like to do. No helmets are need for the lapping sessions and you can have a passenger/s if you like, if your british car is out of commision, come on in whatever, we just out to have a little fun, real relaxed event/happening.

www.acmespeedshop.com/_images/2009britinvas-s.JPG

Click on image to enlarge it and print if needed

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
I checked on a trailer rental for the Mk1 today.
Not bad. We're trying to make it down on Friday to
paint Camden red.
Barring the creeks rising we're planning on being there.
I just noticed you wrote MG only session. Are Spridgets allowed? Will I need to stick some MG badges on the Mk1?
I note you mentioned "spritedly" driving. :wink:
I could always take up the rear in the po ol Sprite so as to
not hold up those MGs.
No way Lynn lets me take her B out on a track even if it was a parade lap.
:jester:

OP
Hap Waldrop
Gundy said:
I just noticed you wrote MG only session. Are Spridgets allowed? Will I need to stick some MG badges on the Mk1?

My bad, I meant to say LBC session, we're not real uptight, if slomeoen show in a SOB (something other than British) we'll still let you go on track.

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
See you there Hap! A group of us from the Columbia British car club will be at the track. Thanks for putting this together for us again. Eric

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Now that, ladies and gents , was a BLAST.
I can't thank Hap enough for making this possible.
Man, Hap, I owe ya a big one.

EricG

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
David it was great to see your Bugeye up close-that is one fast Healey!!
What a fun track to drive on and a perfect day too. Thanks one more time Hap for getting us out there. Eric

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
EricG said:
David it was great to see your Bugeye up close-that is one fast Healey!!
What a fun track to drive on and a perfect day too. Thanks one more time Hap for getting us out there. Eric

I'm working on editing some of the Goprocamera stuff for
my Youtube site.
Hope to get something up Sunday.
I'll post some pic from the D90 tonight.

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
CMP pics

Here's a few pics i snapped at today's British Invasion at CMP.
Us old geezers got there early.
Nice crowd. Excellent LBCs.

Attachments

• 19117.jpg
    19117.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 19118.jpg
    19118.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 19119.jpg
    19119.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 19120.jpg
    19120.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 19121.jpg
    19121.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 145

toysrrus

Yoda
Re: CMP pics

Howdy Folks,

Man, I was thinking about you folks all day. Hap; "Fred & I" were in the garage talking, (Working on my B/E), watching some "Outlaw" Dirt Racing and "Both of Us" said to ea. "Why are`nt we on the CMP track today"!!

Well; For sure next time.

Hey Gundy, Would you please send me the link to your YouTube site when your on the air.

See Y`All Later,

Russ

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
Re: CMP video

I only took 4 pics. Here they are. The group from the Metroina MG club had a great time. 3 of us were stuck to Haps bumper. I had my wifes(Lynda) 63 Iris Blue MGB and the car worked great. Bob

Attachments

• 19125.jpg
    19125.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 19126.jpg
    19126.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 19127.jpg
    19127.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 138
  • 19128.jpg
    19128.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 139

toysrrus

Yoda

Gundy said:
I've uploaded 4 short videos from CMP. I tried to get everyone
in the videos....but I couldn't catch Hap.
https://www.youtube.com/user/oldschoolcruiser

Hi There Gundy,

Very Cool Videos! I did`nt hear any "Screeching" tires! Were You going fast or was the MGA, TR6 going slow? How fast were You going into the turns & on the straight aways? What were you "Taching"?

By the way; My B/E needs a "Feul Pump"! I`m getting the "Re-Build" kit for her today. I just may get to drive her before she sells!?!?!?

Wish I were there with You Folks,

Regards, Russ

Gundy

Luke Skywalker

toysrrus said:
Gundy said:
I've uploaded 4 short videos from CMP. I tried to get everyone
in the videos....but I couldn't catch Hap.
https://www.youtube.com/user/oldschoolcruiser

Hi There Gundy,

Very Cool Videos! I did`nt hear any "Screeching" tires! Were You going fast or was the MGA, TR6 going slow? How fast were You going into the turns & on the straight aways? What were you "Taching"?

By the way; My B/E needs a "Feul Pump"! I`m getting the "Re-Build" kit for her today. I just may get to drive her before she sells!?!?!?

Wish I were there with You Folks,

Regards, Russ

I was just having fun...NOT racing. I'd guess I hit about 90mph on the straight a time or two. Those tires were
squealing a bit on most curves. I can hear 'em on the video.
Shifting around 7k with an occasional shift a bit past that.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

Looks like you had a blast!

But how did they let you on the track without a helmet? :eeek: