• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Marcos

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
I have always thought these were neat looking cars. Not sure of their value but a unique and almost forgotten vehicle from England.

https:/cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487155881&category=6472

racing girl

Jedi Knight
I like a lot of the Marcos', I always thought the "adjust the pedals not the seat" was a neat touch! I read fairly recently, maybe a year ago, that an American businessman was interested in resurrecting the name but only if he could persuade Jem Marsh to be on the board or approve the car designs or something, never heard anything else though... did it ever get off the ground?

RG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

William

Darth Vader
The current issue of EVO mentions the new Marcos, which made its debut a few months ago. Also, the current issue of Classic and Sportscar has an article on older Marcos ragtops. I don't think Jem Marsh is involved anymore, though.

-William

Don Lattimer

Jedi Hopeful
Tony Stelliga (a Canadian whose home is now in Palo Alto, CA) bought the company 3-4 years ago. Jem Marsh came out of retirement to help start the "new" Marcos. Recently Marsh has sold his last shares and retired.

The Marcos TSO came out in June. It is powered by either a 350HP or 400HP Chevy engine with chassis work being done by Prodrive. Car only weighs 2200 lbs.! They still make the TS250 (Ford Duratech V6) and TS 500 (350HP Rover V8). Marcos is currently in the process of moving next to Prodrive.

THere are a few racing Marcos currently for sale at: wirewheel.com in Florida

The Ebay ad is for a convertible which Marcos did NOT make in 1970. The first Marcos Spyder was in 1986.

Don
1971 Marcos 3 Litre

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Marcos examples come up for sale every so often. The last one I saw in my area was asking $7,500, and it was a fairly nice car -- just needing some detail work to make it a solid driver that could be taken to a show and shine. Since most people are unfamiliar with them, and of those that do, many are scared off by all the wood, the prices have been kept down.

There aren't many cars that look so wild for the price. Plus, the powerplants have always been robust and pretty simple to fix.