• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1950 FORD ANGLIA. in Old Car Trader.

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Just looking through the Old Car Trader we get here in Canada, and I came across a 1950 Ford Anglia (English Ford) as it is described. What comes to mind is how similar it looks to the now available P.T. Cruisers. What were the specs on these vehicles and how rare were they?
This one is in New Brunswick. Seeing a lot of these older cars, you can see where the new models are being coppied from a lot of the older styles. ie: the SSR truck.
James, you if anyone would have some background on the Anglia. Quite a cute car.

Thanks
Paul

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Nice car from the description... However the guys wants way too much money for it (and also way too much money for the 1965 Anglia he also has for sale), the cars are not really worth $8K in Canadian dollars, especially the 1965 car.

A Ford Anglia of 1950-vintage with the original engine has 30-bhp, wow... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Most Anglia's from that time period have become hot rods, there are not very many kept as original, about two years ago did see one 1950 Anglia that was a nice original (as I recall the guy lives in Bradford/Newmarket), the four-door Prefect version of the Anglia is seen much more often, best theory around that - either they sold more Prefect's back then or hot rodders generally prefer a 2-door car (read... Anglia) and don't bother as much with a 4-door (read... Prefect)

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
...(and also way too much money for the 1965 Anglia he also has for sale)...the four-door Prefect version of the Anglia is seen much more often...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's counting on a Harry Potter fan buying it. I wonder if Douglas Adams fans snap up Ford Prefects?

UltimateQuestion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I wonder if Douglas Adams fans snap up Ford Prefects?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, I'm a really cool frood and I know where my towel is, but I much prefer Triumphs over Ford Prefects /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I hate Harry Potter, never heard of Douglas Adams, but I still think it is a neat looking car. If there IS one in my town, I will keep an eye out for it James.
30 BHP !!!!! I think my push mower is close to that.

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
Never heard of Douglas Adams???!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

You are missing out!

Anyway it would be a neat little car - I'd assume the Anglia would be perferable to a Prefect as its a 2dr (Prefect is 4dr and slightly more upscale). I believe they still had mechanical brakes and front beam axles then so you wouldn't want too much more hp!

als

As for me I would love to find a Ford Prefect....my very first car in 1956 was a 1949 Prefect and it was great fun...

It would be a great garage mate for my MG Midget if I could find an affordable one.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
There is a '49 Prefect for sale in Calgary but apparently its been converted into the hot rod truck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Super 7

Jedi Warrior
I don't have any opinion on Harry Potter, but I really like the 105E Anglia of the 60's. Check out the British Web Site 105speed.com The Gallery and Your Cars section has some very tastefully modified Anglias. I especially like the Lotus Twincam powered one.

I want one.

Graham

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
As well as the 2 door sedan, they make a cute little 2 door rag top in the 40s early 50s Anglias.
As well, Anglias = 8hp (RAC) Prefect = 10hp (RAC) Breathtaking performance they ain't got but any faster and you would never keep them on the road.
See ya,
Graham. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

als

I have been looking for the Old Car Trader in stores in Vancouver since I read this thread, but haven't seen it.

Can you tell me where its published and a phone number to call to subscribe? It would be much appreciated.

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
als said: I have been looking for the Old Car Trader in stores in Vancouver since I read this thread, but haven't seen it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are two pertinent websites:

Ontario only... www.trader.ca

Anywhere else in Canada... www.canadatrader.com

Although lately there seems to have been some sort of a website merger, based on a recent search, ???

Where to get a paper copy?

It should be available at any major news stand, even many grocery stores/corner stores, unless it's less available in B.C. for some reason. Anywhere I've lived and travelled (Alberta to Ontario) the Auto Trader publications are widely available.

If you want the phone number on the Anglia in the Maritimes I can pass it along to you, just private message or e-mail me...

OP
KLUTZ

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Hi Al,
The Old Car Trader is put out by the same people who print the Auto Trader. www.AUTOTRADER.CA. Most of the stores here, ie: Beckers, Macs, 711, carry it along side the regular issues of Auto, Truck, Boat Trader.
From what I see in the book, they have offices in Westminster, Kelowna, Victoria, and Abbottsford.
Check out the Website for Info, or just call your bigger corner store.
B.C. and Alberta seem to have the majority of listings every month. Some great cars it it, worth picking up for a looksee.

Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF