Thread: NASCAR at the Glen

This is a forum for discussing cars that are not British. Discuss anything from Mazda to Corvettes or anything in between here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

NASCAR at the Glen

Yeah, I know, I know!
    NASCAR roundy-round racing isn't my favorite either.
    But I *really* enjoy watching them go at it at Watkins Glen. Anyone who can race a 3500 pound racecar with 800 HP at the Glen is a skilled driver in my book. Heck, I'm terrified by part of that track in my 60 HP Spridget!
    For purists, the Rolex sports car races are tonight on Speed TV cable channel. NASCAR races are this weekend.
    There'll be some NASCAR guys in the sports cars (and some road-racers in the NEXTEL race). I'm taping them both.

Nial's #909 Spridget
    My Race Events
    Spridget~MGB~Miata~Austin A35~Midget~Aeronca65T~Super 7~Accord~Chevy TowVan
    Jersey Music!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: NASCAR at the Glen

What can i say other than Fantastic.............I love Nascar on the road courses.......Wish they did more tracks.......You are right ......It takes great skill to wield those tanks around there at speed........Don,t believe it ask Ron Fellows

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: NASCAR at the Glen

Wow Ron almost won the thing, last to second! But Tony had the best car and managed to keep his guts in until the race ended! Anybody who can wrangle a NASCAR racer around a road track while fighting stomach cramps is tough in my book! I root for the USAC-Hoosiers [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif[/img]
    Tony Etienne
    '72 GT6Mk3
    The answer to the Ultimate Question...' 'Of Life, the Universe and Everything...' said Deep Thought. 'Is...' said Deep Thought, and paused. 'Is...' 'Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.