• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

2CV @ 70

huck6

Jedi Trainee
Coming home the other day I passed a lovely little blue 2CV (Citreon?)on the interstate. He was moving along at about 65 mph, but that might have been the result of some clever drafting off of the tractor trailer up front.

Europan plates, so I wish him luck on his cross-country tour.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
The 2CV was good for 70mph, admittedly with a long build-up, a flat road and no wind. The technique for these wonderful little cars is to maintain as much speed as possible, even in corners, in order to keep up on the straights. On the road between Bridgenorth and Ludlow I used to overtake other cars fairly often, and there really wasn't much that was able to pass me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Oh yes... The 2CV Safari, an amazing car actually designed by Citroen!

Not many customers warmed up to the concept apparently, but from what I've read the 4x4 part of the design works well.

The price? Maybe a bit pricey, but one of few built and 25 left, I can almost believe that price.

(Saw a 2CV Safari in the flesh two summers ago in Massachusetts at the International Citroen Meet there, very neat car)

rloewy

Freshman Member
I had an Ami 6 (Same drivetrain) and to get to 70MPH would have taken a longer drive than it ever finished without something falling off or breaking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Sahara, I heard, is interesting to drive because the clutch take-off is not synchronized very well - so the front and the rear engine add their power to the party at a slight time difference which makes it a bit of a bucking bronco.

Ron.