• This "Local Events" forum is expressly for posting local events that would be of interest to British car enthusiasts. You post an event in the same way that you would post a regular thread. Be sure your event post includes:
    • Title of the Event
    • Location of Event
    • Date(s) of the Event
    • Point of contact for Event
    • Website, Facebook Link, etc., if available
    IMPORTANT: Be sure to add the event to our Events Calendar. It's easy - WATCH VIDEO to learn how.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

UBSCC Woodland Show May 17

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Annual All British Motorcar and Swap Meet
Sunday, May 17, 2009

Have you created your calendar for 2009 yet? Don’t forget the Annual All British Motorcar & Swap Meet! On Sunday, May 17, 2009, United British Sports Car Club will provide you with a complete British connection at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in Woodland. Previously located at the Dixon Fairgrounds, it became necessary to find a larger home to accommodate our fellow British car enthusiasts and preservationists. Our first year at the Woodland site in May 2008 was well received.

Our Web site will allow pre-registration. Go to our web site at www.UBSCC.org and you will be able to download the registration form or pay on-line, just follow the links!

Check our web site for information and updates about this year's show. We will post data such as the current car classes, a list of supporting businesses, a Q&A section, and pictures from past shows. Don’t forget that this event is free for the public to attend! We’ll see you on Sunday, May 17th!!

Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Jerry Costanzo
916 652 4537
grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net

SteveTR

Jedi Hopeful
Jerry,

I look forward to meeting you and seeing one great show and swap meet.

Thanks,

Steve

OP
J

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Nice talking to you , I wish we could meet at the show. I think you will find the 250 cars that show up a nice venue. I got lots of calls today and most of them were asking about the swap meet. There is a guy coming that will be looking for parts for a Riley. We usualy get one or two of those at the show but I don't know what parts may be there. Arn't Riley engines the same as a Triumph?

Jerry

B

BUNDYRUM

Hello Jerry, I don't know whether you could say that is a slap in the face for Riley people or a compliment for Triumph people.

Riley engines are Riley engines and Triumph engines are derived from Ferguson Tractor engines.

I hope to be at the show tomorrow.

Best regards,

bundyrum

Dale

Jedi Knight
Country flag
BUNDYRUM said:
Hello Jerry, I don't know whether you could say that is a slap in the face for Riley people or a compliment for Triumph people.

Riley engines are Riley engines and Triumph engines are derived from Ferguson Tractor engines.

I hope to be at the show tomorrow.

Best regards,

bundyrum
Sorry Guys, but I just can't let this pass. Some myths refuse to die. The first Standard built Ferguson tractors used Continental engines. The wet liner 2 litre engine was designed for, and first used in the Standard Vanguard sedan before it was adapted for the tractor. Don't mean to be anal, but it just ain't so.

SteveTR

Jedi Hopeful
God bless Dale.

The day is over and there were clots of LBC's everywhere on Central California highways in the late afternoon.

I had a great time, even though it was hot and I was pushing a wheelchair, it was well done. Compliments to all who worked to see it's success.

Hopefully, Jerry enjoyed Hawaii and the post-production will be as smooth as the day that brought many people to the area.

Great job,

Steve

OP
J

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
About 260 cars at the show. Lots of comments and mostly positive. After about 1PM the heat got to be too much for a lot of the cars. My wife and I got back from Maui, (free trip from work!) and are sorting through the after show stuff. We have to mail some of the trophies, and complete some forms for the fairgrounds.

Next year I will have my current project at the show. A 1967 BJ8. I keep thinking it is almost done but the little things take a while.

Jerry
TR3A
BN4
BJ8

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I wore my BCF Tshirt and got.....0 comments.
Sad.

- Doug