Discussions of Jaguar Automobiles of all styles

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

XK150 Roadster Soft Top Latches

Hello All,
    I'm looking for some suggestions on what I can do to temporarily secure the top frame to windscreen on my latest project, a very early 1958 OTS XK150 (roadster). After a long nut and bolt restoration, it has been mostly finished since last fall. There are a few of the inevitable small things left to sort out. One of which is the top (hood). I have the top frame, which has been dipped and painted. A friend, an excellent wood worker, has made me a new wood front bow. The hold down straps and attachment hardware is available reproduction. I have been searching for the front latches, which are specific to the XK150 OTS, for about a year now, and no luck. Basically, they are a lever latch that is a male tube that secures to a female bracket in the windscreen top. I have the female section, but not the lever latch that goes on the front bow. If anyone has a set, in any condition, I certainly would like to buy them. In the interim, I need to figure out a way to secure the top so that I can 1.) get the fabric installed, and 2) drive the car here in our unpredictable Seattle area weather.
    Thanks to all in advance, Jerry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Re: XK150 Roadster Soft Top Latches

I would be more concerned about the airborne particulate matter emanating from that domed building on the hill there in Olympia than the rain.

Rain wipes off.
    But, I digress.

What happened to the originals?

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Since my head sticks up above the top of the windscreen anyway, I've learned to duck.
    Top latches, and a lot of other things, were missing when the car was purchased. This has been the most expensive and frustrating car of the 14 cars I have restored, due to all the missing parts. I have no idea why I did it, since I have red OTS, virtually identical, that I restored prior to this black

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

You still have the red?
    Reason I ask, is I wonder if you can locate a CNC mill person who can pantograph the old ones?

Freshman Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, that has crossed my mind. Just worried it would be frightfully expensive. They are a multi piece assembly. I may take the ones from the red OTS temporarily and have the top installed on the black OTS by a local trimmer.
    Regards, Jerry