• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Harmo Silencer

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Any of y'all ever hear of an Harmo "aluminised" silencer. A NOS one came with this 1966 Sprite project I just brought home. This muffler is rather heavy and very well made. Has a bit of an oval shape to it. Several stickers on it. One appears to be a VB P/N 89-xx99 (can't read the last four digits very well). There's also a sticker that reads Foreign Autosport, 205 Hwy 1, Sharon MA.

spritenut

Luke Skywalker
Harmo was a quality aftermarket muffler back in the 70s.
Burgess was original equipment. AP also made decent replacement mufflers for Spridgets.

Dino Ferrari

Freshman Member
I remember Harmo Silencers form the '60s. The owner of the company was Martin Brain (spelling?). I knew him from the sprint and hill-climb world. He had 3 single seater cars and used to come to events in a Bentley and had a couple of mechanics and a "Dolly Bird" in tow. We were all very impressed! I used to compete in a well worn XK150 and he had 3 BRM F1 chassis, one with a 2.5 litre Daimler V8, another with a 3 litre BRM V12 and the other with a Chrysler 440! Unfortunately he was killed at Silverstone in a club race when he hit a straw bale, rolled over and the roll bar collapsed (good old BRM), that was in the V12 car. I was there.