• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cossies?

huck6

Jedi Trainee
I was reading MiniWorld the other day and saw an article on a "real cossie beater". Apparently these cars race minis in England, but I could not find out much more from the magazine. Any help? I am just curious.

Eric

Jedi Warrior
Cossie does refer to Cosworth, although context is important. It could refer to a Cosworth engine (such as a DFV) or a car (such as a Sierra Cosworth).

Neil at 105Speed

Freshman Member
I does make me smile that a car that first hit the UK streets in 1987 is still reckoned to be the car to beat
smile.gif

Although they are probably talking about the standard Cosworth (Cossie) the 2 wheel drive Sierra (3 Door similar to XR4Ti) and the Sapphire (4 door saloon) which kicked out 204BHP in standard trim.

OP
huck6

huck6

Jedi Trainee
Thanks for the insights.