• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

the newest newbie

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Howdy folks. I just found your website and wanted to introduce m'self.

Upon retirement from university life and accepting the need for a little second childhood crisis management, I've purchased my first MG - a 1976 B roadster. I now wish to enjoy summer and fall day trips into the hills and valleys of New England from my home in Connecticut. Wonderful roads here for rural driving, once you escape the interstate system.

My "goal", after getting my B up to snuff (without destroying it!), is to coddle the B for a few years and then exchange for an A. I've ogled the body of the A for over 20 years, and hope to be able to afford a good one. Of course, maybe I'll become so attached to the B I'll have to leave the A for my next incarnation.

I hope I don't cause internet meltdown with my questions!

Best regards to all.
Tom

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I hope I don't cause internet meltdown with my questions!

Best regards to all.
Tom

No need to worry - we've already done that several times!

Welcome!

Mickey

Last edited by a moderator:

usasma

Jedi Trainee
Welcome to the club! I'm also one of the new guys here. I live in Montville, CT (just north of New London/Waterford).

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome Tom (and usasma)!
I'm not *quite* retired from college teaching, but I have some light at the end of the tunnel.
And I'm also an east-coaster (NJ).
Ask away...all questions cheerfully answered for free and worth every penny of it!
I'll be at Lime Rock the last weekend in October (Friday and Saturday) for one of our EMRA race-events. Stop by if you want to see (mostly) middle-aged men acting like children. Spectators are welcome and we always have free suds at the end of the day.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Well gee, Tom, it looks like I'm 15 years late welcoming you to BCF! So, welcome to BCF! (and Happy Birthday!)

Basil