• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Enthusist mag article on U.S. Elise

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
A great, 7-page article on the U.S. version of the Elise in the latest (September 2004) issue of "Sports Car International" magazine.

The intro:

"I had only one problem with the car yesterday," quipped race driver Doc Bundy. "My face was hurting from grinning so much."

Their conclusion:

"Like the sheriff in a movie coming out of retirement to chase off the bad guys, Lotus has returned to the American sports car market to take on the best sports cars from Germany and Japan. If the Elise doesn't end up being the quickest gun in the West, it will certainly be the lightest, which would've made Colin Chapman proud." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Jon12

Jedi Hopeful
I need to start saving some money and working on the credit line. I'm wondering how well these cars will hold their value.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
I would suggest that they will do very well in retaining their value......thay have been tipped to become a classic by several magazines, and although the styling is something of an aquired taste (personally, I like it) the dynamics of the car are not in question. Insurance for one so young may be a different matter, however /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Bugeye58

Yoda
I saw my first one in the flesh today at a local Lotus dealer. My reaction was "What were they thinking!?" To me it looks like the stylist spent way too much time looking at his Hot Wheels collection.
Of course, I have yet to drive it, and I suppose once inside the car I couldn't see it anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Jeff

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
AngliaGT MGC MGC GT in MG Enthusist Magazine MG 4
jfarris Wanted Mag style knockoff wheels for TR3 Triumph Classifieds 1
55modified Splined mag wheels? Who makes or machines them without center adapter? Austin Healey 5
M For Sale Spitfire Mag Wheel Triumph Classifieds 0
jfarris TR2/3/3A What size mag wheels Triumph 8
Patrick67BJ8 Healeys in Ad in Architectural Digest Mag. Nov. 2013 Austin Healey 1
Mickey Richaud Off Topic One of Our Own in Latest Moss Mag... Triumph 9
K Lubriplate Mag-00 for Trunnions Triumph 2
GBRandy Spitfire Spitefire featured - Sports & Exotics Mag Triumph 0
jaegzie Triumph Bike Owners and others, FYI on Triumph mag British Motorbikes 1
germanmichel The story of the bad weld seams with MAG-welding.. Restoration & Tools 4
JPSmit was reading an MG Mag tonight Spridgets 0
losmorob Looking for Mag Wheel Lug Nuts Spridgets 6
P Mini? Mag wheel. Needed. British Motor Corp 2
T Practical Classics Mag Triumph 0
jfslenes SCCA Mag Suggests a Tiger in GT2 for 2007 Sunbeam (Rootes) 0
jlaird Moss Motors in their annual mag Spridgets 5
S TR6 TR6 Mag Wheel Size Questions Triumph 5
S Wedge In Automobile Mag: Group 44 TR6 and TR8! Triumph 4
Bret Classic Motorsports MAG; X-Ray Specs! MG 6
B British Car Mag Jag Jaguar 1
JPSmit Interesting Hagerty Article Spridgets 12
AngliaGT Came Across This Frogeye article Spridgets 2
nevets NYT Article: Coast to Coast in a Classic Car Austin Healey 1
AngliaGT Interesting Article on the V12 Jaguar 0
lbcspinners New article today from Hagerty Media: the Austin-Healey Sprite Austin Healey 0
nevets NYT Article on Jensen Austin Healey 0
John Turney Another Article to Criticize Austin Healey 5
nevets Interesting article about BaT Austin Healey 1
nevets interesting article about converting classic cars to electric power Austin Healey 7
Cutrog1 How do I respond to all responses and add progress report on original article? FORUM Navigation Questions 3
lbcspinners Interesting Jalopnik article on BEING TOUGH ON TODAY'S ROADS !! Austin Healey 7
vette To Johnny who has posted an Article in the Articles Section about his German Exported Austin Healey 9
Johnny Can I add to an article that I've completed but not yet published? FORUM Navigation Questions 2
Michael Oritt Newspaper article/DMH signature? Austin Healey 14
nevets NYT article about the Pebble Beach Auction - not Healey specific but relevant... Austin Healey 5
JPSmit Lovely Bugeye Article Spridgets 0
GTP1960 Wedge "TR7 End of an Era" Hemmings article Triumph 11
nevets NYT Goodwood article Austin Healey 3
Lin Nasty Boys Article Austin Healey 14
steveg Folding 2-seater tops - photo article Austin Healey 3
S This internet article/post made me laugh... Austin Healey 5
M Gearbox article Spridgets 10
tahoe healey Magazine article Austin Healey 0
stretchit2 Healey Marque Magazine Scotland Article Austin Healey 2
bighealeysource Anyone have a good SU tune up article for BN2 Austin Healey 11
John Turney Nice Article, Steve Austin Healey 7
S Classic Motorsports article on the Sebring Alpine Sunbeam (Rootes) 1