• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's Mated, Mates!

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Yep, the tranny and the OD are as one! First time I tried to do this was a frustrating disaster. Used up three gaskets and could not get it done. Kept hanging up on me. I got it ready to go a fourth time and let it set. For the past month I spent some time on my other hobbies. This morning I called a friend and he came over this afternoon. I must , at this point, acknowledge the support and help from a fellow BCF member, Larry Maloney. He has been down this trail several times and he really walked me through it. A tip 'o me Donegal cap to ye my friend.
So it is done.

Next step is to put it on my "Bang upon bench" and remove the rear flange nut and replace the seal. THEN its on to the testing phase. YEA!!!!!

Couple of pics included, the tranny/over drive and my "bang upon bench".

Cheers, Tinkerman

Attachments

• 14653.jpg
    14653.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 144
  • 14654.jpg
    14654.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 142

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Nice job Dick. Are you going to spin it and test the O/D on the bench?

OP
Tinkerman

Tinkerman

Darth Vader
Yep, goes on to the BUB tomorrow or the next day Paul, for the pressure testing. If that all works, it gets installed into the frame. A major step forward. The light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter and brighter!

Tinkerman the happy.

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
<span style="color: #FF0000">Merry</span> <span style="color: #009900">Christmas</span> Tinkerman.