• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dead Duck

G

A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgery. As she placed her pet on the table , the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest.
After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry. Your duck has passed away."
The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure?" "Yes, I am sure. The duck is dead," he replied. "How can you be so sure?" she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or somthing.". The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room. He returned a few moments Later with a black Labrador retriever. As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom.. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head.
The vet patted the dog on the head and led him out of the room. A few minutes later, he returned with a cat. the cat jumped up on the table and
sniffed delicately at the bird. the cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room.
The vet looked at the woman and said, "I;m sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100 percentifiably a dead duck."
Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill, whish he handed to the woman.
The ducks owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$450!" she gasped. "$450. just to tell me my duck is dead!"
The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry, Miss. If you'd taken my word for it the first time, the bill would have been $45. But with the Lab report
and the cat scan, it's now $450.

bighly

Jedi Knight
Ouch!! Chuckle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif