• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

End of week Body Shop progress

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
So far, so good. Getting the major stuff done and getting ready for painting. The front panel was prepainted, cleared on the back and is ready for welding in place today or Monday.

The fenders are pretty much pre-fit and all of the powder coated bumper braces are on and the wiring has been run.

Both doors have the parking lot dings and my wife's battle scars between the grass rake and the deck lid has finally been healed.

Attachments

• 13044.jpg
    13044.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 270
  • 13045.jpg
    13045.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 13046.jpg
    13046.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 13047.jpg
    13047.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 269
  • 13048.jpg
    13048.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 13049.jpg
    13049.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 13050.jpg
    13050.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 13051.jpg
    13051.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 258
OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Oh yeah, the inner fenders were cleaned and painted with two coats POR15 and the drain outlets from a 1966 Mustang 1/4 panels that I ordered from CA are on the way. More to follow on that drainage issue next week.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Paul.......... looking real good! You're tempting me to pull my fenders just to POR-15 the inner fender! I'm just afraid that it would mess up my paint more then it already is.

It looks like you got the radiator cap with the built in temp gauge?

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Bobby,

Mr. Gasket radiator cap, with pressure gauge. Kinda neat!

Tom,

If I were filming them, I'd have to pat Screen Actors Guild scale and this is expensive enough.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Paul-

Looking real good. Could you talk a little more, or give a link to the drainage outlets you mention? I will be redoing baffles at some point on the TR4 and am looking for options.

Randy

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Just for the record, as I was asked off line. Yes, I do have to pay for the little dings in the doors and the POR15 and drain work, but that's minor in the grand scheme of things. Hagerty was fair, so I'm not taking advantage. I was happy with the settlement and the extras are mine to pay.

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
Paul, I have one word for you. <span style="font-size: 20pt">Ratco!

</span>

I know you would really like to jerk that beautiful body and slide a shiny new Ratco frame in there. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Bill

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Bill,

My frame has been stripped to bare metal, prepped and painted completely with POR15 and then every attaching part has been blasted and powder coated, with all new bolts and bushings and reinstalled. It's like new under there already.

Tom,

He did the hood three years ago and is aware of the mirror look in the polished radiator shroud. Any mistakes show up twice with that thing installed.

Randy,

I'm going to install the rubber slotted one way drain vents that were used on the early Mustang quarter panels as a shield to run the line from the hose shown in pictures #1 & #2 to the inner splash shield, high enough above the tire spray to negate any possible water coming in.

I should have them early next week for a better look and posting of what we are going to do. https://www.americanpony.com/store.mv?p=597200

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Paul-

Hadn't seen those before, I definitely would appreciate a photo of the installation. I don't like the other option often used of routing through the sill, mine are in questionable shape already.

Randy

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Paul,

All I can say; "Its looking really Grand"!!

Russ

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I just checked with Mustangs Plus in CA and my little drain project rubber parts are due here on the 1st, so I post a separate thread for that.