• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

A Quote For The Person Starting An LBC Project

kyreb1862

Jedi Knight
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
— Ralph Waldo Emerson

1965_MGB

Jedi Warrior
kyreb1862 said:
Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong.

I have heard that on every board, no matter what I am thinking about doing to my B'. Now I just do what I am going to do, and if someone offers some advice that I like, all the better.

Drive it like you stole it.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
I think the most fitting quote for someone contemplating a LBC restoration is:

"Do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya?" -- Dirty Harry

:lol:

D

Deleted member 3577

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]A Quote For The Person Starting An LBC Project[/QUOTE]

Someone is sure to offer you 1/8 your total investment when you're 7/8 done.

(and you will spend 3 times what it is worth when done)

So 7/8 x 3 - 1/8 =...

Just take the 2 1/4 times whatever the price of a car you want to restore and burn it...
Save yerself a bunch of hours in the garage.

Unless you actually complete the project...
(Then just burn twice the cost)

[feel free to check my math]

Better yet...
If you are restoring a car...
Don't do math.
(It's just depressing)

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
No fair counting, takes all the fun out of it.

Country flag
Keeping records of what its costing?

Are you MAD?

Having just a rough idea is bad enough but if the wife EVER finds out....

As for a Quote:

If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it....