• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Watch lists

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Top o' the morning all.

My Watched topics number in the hundreds. Hundreds of members, gazillions of watched topics for the forum databases to track.

Does this in any way "stress" the forum software?

Is there any way I can delete all my Watched topics at once, rather than having to check each and every post individually in my Watched list? That's a *lot* of clicks!

Thanks.
Tom
PS - been trying to post this for over an hour. My 'net service has been going on and off every five minutes. Not DNS - it's the total connection over Charter Pipeline. argh

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
NutmegCT said:
Top o' the morning all.

My Watched topics number in the hundreds. Hundreds of members, gazillions of watched topics for the forum databases to track.

Does this in any way "stress" the forum software?

Is there any way I can delete all my Watched topics at once, rather than having to check each and every post individually in my Watched list? That's a *lot* of clicks!

Thanks.
Tom
PS - been trying to post this for over an hour. My 'net service has been going on and off every five minutes. Not DNS - it's the total connection over Charter Pipeline. argh

It doesn't really stress the database much. When you look at your watch lists is just does a simple query. On the other question, you there is currently no way that I know of to delete all from watched lists, but there should be at least a "check all" button so you can check all the topics on a page with one click then delete them. I'll recommend that to the developer.

Basil