Thread: Coup-De-Gras or Cut-de-Grass

The Pub is: Forum to generally shoot the breeze. It is NOT: a debate forum (NO Politics, religion, or controversial topics.) Keep it clean, fun and lite!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Coup-De-Gras or Cut-de-Grass

Got my latest orphan project. an old Toro Sport Turf gas powered reel mower. it's purdy rough, but the motor turns free. I love restoring thing like that. I'll get it all cleaned, lubed, adjusted and painted, then have fun having the weirded mower on the block. And it won't cost me an arm and a leg to restore a neat old piece of machinery
    Pics coming soon.
    I gotta go surfing to find some info now..... Parts, stickers, that kinda stuff....
    Any of you other guys suckers for junk like this? Or am I "special"? hehehehe.
    Current fleet:'70 VW Type 3 Fastback (Abby Normal),'74 VW Westfalia "pop-top" Bus (Clementine)'05 Scion XB (The flyin' Fridge)
    '08 VW Passat Turbo Wagon.no British goodies just now........
    Wanna know what's up at Banjo's? check out http://obscuramobilia.blogspot.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Re: Coup-De-Gras or Cut-de-Grass

Special???
    I generally use a "different" term!
    Don
    "Stick a Wedge in it!"
    Mount Pleasant,SC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Re: Coup-De-Gras or Cut-de-Grass

Nothing cuts grass as nice as a reel mower. Our last one was a RIO. Most kids today don't even know what they are, unless they work on a golf course. But most people don't want to cut their grass twice as much, as most everybody knows, you can't let the grass get too high, or the reel won't cut it very well and a rotary will whack down just about anything. I almost bought a 8 foot gang mower, reel type, as our lawn is 3 1/2 acres, but didn't. I didn't want the maintence that comes with a reel mower. And 6 or 7 of them is a little much.

Remember, Never Forget
    We Live In The Land of The Free
    Because of The Brave

How good it feels, the hand of an old friend! Longfellow