• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Coup-De-Gras or Cut-de-Grass

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Got my latest orphan project. an old Toro Sport Turf gas powered reel mower. it's purdy rough, but the motor turns free. I love restoring thing like that. I'll get it all cleaned, lubed, adjusted and painted, then have fun having the weirded mower on the block. And it won't cost me an arm and a leg to restore a neat old piece of machinery
Pics coming soon.
I gotta go surfing to find some info now..... Parts, stickers, that kinda stuff....
Any of you other guys suckers for junk like this? Or am I "special"? hehehehe.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Special???
I generally use a "different" term!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Nothing cuts grass as nice as a reel mower. Our last one was a RIO. Most kids today don't even know what they are, unless they work on a golf course. But most people don't want to cut their grass twice as much, as most everybody knows, you can't let the grass get too high, or the reel won't cut it very well and a rotary will whack down just about anything. I almost bought a 8 foot gang mower, reel type, as our lawn is 3 1/2 acres, but didn't. I didn't want the maintence that comes with a reel mower. And 6 or 7 of them is a little much.