• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Well it time to give up LBC's

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
For two weeks no LBC's in my life.It's a sad day not to hear the sound of Healey exhaust. To replace them I will just have to go fishing for some small mouth bass. Any one else into fishing?

Mark

Attachments

• 12262.jpg
    12262.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 163

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I was, but then I started calculating how much those few bass I managed to coax into the boat was costing me per pound!

Sold the boat when I got serious about LBC's. Now, it's a wash, money-wise! :wink:

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Mark: Just remember the following:

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">when the wind is in the north good fishermen do come forth

when the wind is in the south it blows the bait into the fishes mouth

when the wind is in the west the fishes bite the best

BUT

when the wind is in the east, the fishes bite the least</span></span>

good luck

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
VERY nice rig, by the way! :thumbsup:

I had an older Astro-Glas 1750 fish and ski, with a 150 Merc. Nice workhorse.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Anyone have a clue why boat manufactures still place the drivers seat on the right in small boats? Seems kinda strange here in the US since our vehicle controls are all on the left.
confused0031.gif

OP
abarth69

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Maybe docking?

I would hate to add up all the cost for the rig and fishing items. Most likely could buy a Aston Martin over time.

Mark

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
abarth69 said:
Maybe docking?

I would hate to add up all the cost for the rig and fishing items. Most likely could buy a Aston Martin over time.

Mark

Ha Ha, With the cost of new boats, you could almost do that!
evil_lol.gif

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
Nice boat Mark, where do you fish?

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
There's alot of guys at work that like the fishing thing. I've been out with them many times, and it certainly is a relaxing way to spend the day. Whatever fish you get for consumption is just a bonus. For me, if I want fish I just go to Codfish Tom's down in town and buy it...already cleaned and filleted. Besides, having one expensive hobby (the TR3 restoration), I don't need another one.

But if you ask me if I want to go fishing on your boat, I'll be there in a heart beat. :yesnod:

AweMan

Jedi Knight
I know lots of guys that sure like to go out on YOUR BOAT, not many of them have fuel money nor do they like to help clean up the boat on return of the trip.
AND some even have the odasity to complain if there are no fish caught.

With friends like that .... who needs enemys?

I sold my boat and lost a few "FRIENDS" in the process. But not to worry .... no great loss. :lol:

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
Had a boat once, 36 ft. with two big Chrysler Hemi's, each with dual quads. Friends and collegues would often say "Let's take your boat and go to Catalina this weekend."
I would say "OK, will you pay for the gas?"
"Sure, and we'll bring the beer" they would respond.
"OK. That will be $60. (1975)."
"What?"
"The boat burns a gallon a mile"
"Oh"
End of conversation...
Now there was this secretary... another story.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
What's that old line ...

Second happiest day in a man's life - the day he buys his new boat.

Happiest day in a man's life - the day he finally manages to sell it.

T.