• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Canadian Triumphs on track this weekend.

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
This Saturday, May 29th., a highly modified TR8 driven by Del Bruce and my TR4a will be among the competitors at Shannonville Motorsport Park (Nelson Track) in the first event of the Williams Performance Friction Solo 1 series.

The track is located about 100 miles east of Toronto, and is a tight 1.8km. layout with maximum speeds in the 80-90mph range for the smaller cars. A TVR Tuscan is also competing against the modern stuff, and spectators are welcome, free admission!
Simon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Drive carfully out there Simon... I am still waiting for you to drop over to see the BGT. On vacation all next week, so good time.
Don't bang the 4a up, I will need Trevor for myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck
Paul /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Shannonville is a nice track.
I got tons of laps there last year, at one of our EMRA events. The track is a bit flat though, and lacks terrain change, so you have to take your time and learn it.....from some points, it's hard to figure out which way the next turn goes. At first, I almost ran off an escape road. Eventually, I got the hang of it and ended up winning in our small-bore enduro class.
The right hander at the end of the main straight (also used as a drag strip) can be taken *really* fast once you get to know it....that's where I got all my good passes in.
The ride into Canada over the high, narrow Thousand Island Bridge (on a windy day) in the StepVan (with the Sprite) was exciting too. It's sort of a long pull from NJ, so we won't be there this year.
I think my best time was about 2:23, but that was on the longer track. You can see our Shannonville '03 results (and times) by going to our EMRA Results page and choosing enduro or race results:

https://www.emraracing.org/RESULTS/result_frame_setup.htm

Have fun!

OP
Simon TR4a

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
I have never been on the "big track", which is what you were on, so don't have a time for that, but I know all the other 3 layouts so its really a combination of pieces I know.
I agree about finding landmarks for turn 1, I use the braking markers, hard on the brakes at about 65 feet, look for the apex and turn. The corner I like best is the right at the end of the back straight on the track you ran, great for trailing throttle oversteer in my car!
Have you driven the Mosport Grand Prix circuit in Belleville? Huge elevation changes, adverse camber, blind apexes, really scary!
Simon.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Simon:
Mosport sounds like fun. One of my friends descibes it as a "bigger Lime Rock"....neat!

I would love to have a go at more of the Canadian tracks (including Mt. Treblant, Mosport and St Eustache ). As you know, our U.S. dollar makes these places a relative bargain for us (but the gas costs to tow up there is a killer!). I used to live in Ontario, so it always seems like fun to go back. I am slowly moving into semi-retirement and hope to have more Canadian "adventures" in the future.

I'll be running BeaveRun in a few weeks, and later the Glen, Lime Rock, Summit Point, Pocono and possibly the vintage events in the Pittsburgh and Camden. Some many great places....so little time!

One of our EMRA guys, Vicent Basile, is very active in Canadian SOLO and roadracing events. He lives in Montreal, but often drives down to our area in his race car (gutsy...no trailer!). Check his website links for events in your area. He posted something on our EMRA forum about doing a simple, low-cost race series this year. You might want to drop him a note. Website:

https://www.geocities.com/basileracing/

OP
Simon TR4a

Simon TR4a

Jedi Knight
Had a great time on Saturday, I hadn't met Del before but he turned out to be a very friendly guy and our lao times were very close, so there was a bit of friendly competition!
His TR8 was not as modified as I had been told, Holley carb etc. for about 20 extra horsepower, and springs, shocks and race tires. I eventually did a lap in 60.137 seconds, Del was about 1/10th. second slower.
Some of the modern cars beat us both, of course, even quite modest cars with good drtivers, but we also beat some quite fast cars too, so had a great time!
Simon, TR4a.

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Glad you had a great weekend Simon. The weather could not have been better. Sounds like the 4a is running just fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif