• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Jensen Interceptor Owners?

BACLVBob

I'm just wondering if there are any other Jensen Interceptor owners out there - or am I the only one?

OP
B

BACLVBob

Wowsers..... what a staggering resonse, I guess I am the only maniac amongst us who finds the 'Butt Ugly Car' (my wifes words, not mine) that drinks gas like its going out of fashion, attractive! So I guess I'll just head on out to the garage and see if I can get this butt ugly beast with a/c, leather 'lazy boy' seats and power everything, to run without overheating in this cool climate I live in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thirsty.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Seems to me there are more Jensen Healey owners around here in BCF than owners of Interceptor's, I don't recall seeing any pictures of one in Members Rides (BTW Basil - how soon till that's back?). From what I've observed anecdotally here in Canada - and the United States I presume - the Healey models seem to be as common as the Interceptor out there in British car land and overall both are relatively uncommon having said that.

Anyway... you can be a trailblazer.

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
As much as I would normally hate to disagree with a lady, I have to say that the Jensen Interceptor isn't an ugly car, I rather like it. I have a Corgi model of the car, so does that qualify me as an owner? ..........I thought not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonod.gif

78Z

Darth Vader
Country flag
The Interceptor is one of my favorite cars but ownership isn't in the cards right now. Some day though!

OP
B

BACLVBob

Oh great, the wife saw your responses and wants me to ask you if you want to buy it! ( Just say no!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Graham

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
I see about 3 Interceptors on a semi regular basis. Owning one , only in my dreams. I drove a few when they were near new, and they were a great drive then, and I bet they havn't changed.

Oh well, I'l just have to go on dreamin. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
I think they are really good looking. There is one on eBay at the moment at a good price but will need work. I would buy it if I could but

A) no room

B) If I do - no wife - hmmmm?

OP
B

BACLVBob

After 3 yrs of driving from Las Vegas NV to Temecula CA in the Healey (apparently its for a British car show - but I can't seem to get past the wineries), with the sun beating down as we cross Death Valley, the wife finally saw the benefits to owning a Jensen Interceptor (aka Butt Ugly Car - her words). Once she knew it had A/C and Lazy Boy seats, it was just a matter of time before we had one in the garage! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif