• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Our Work Areas/Garages

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
OK...some of these garages look like mine....the *bad* ones!

Based on comments I've read, I have a feeling that some of you may be in contention for a less-than-perfect work area. I'm not sure that I'm willing to post a picture of mine until I clean it up a bit.....OK, a lot (the blue TR7 in the link below is in a garage a lot worse than mine...the matching Porsches are in a place that's far beyond my "neatness ability".

Brit-Car Work Shops and Garages

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Oh wow, some nice ones there.........mine ears no resemblance to any of these /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif , a windowless dungeon set beneath our living room. It is prone to flooding in the spring, and owing to the location of a support beam I am unable to mount a garage door opener. The garage door itself is beaten almost into submission by a son who likes to practice his goal-scoring technique on it, since it happens to be close to the size of a regulation soccer goal. Added to that, there is very little headroom available, and you have to duck your head to enter owing to the height (or lack thereof) of the opening. Consequently, we cannot fit an SUV in there, which is the one saving grace of the design, since every time that my wife starts talking about a Ford Explorer or similar as her next car, I always point out that she couldn't fit it in the garage, which kills the subject......at least for the time being /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bret

Yoda
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I love it! It’s nice to know that other folks garages are much worse than mine. So how about our own BFC Garage Contest.

Have categories like for who has the?
Ugliest? (Needs to get a shot before entering & after exiting)
Beautiful? (Garagemahal)
Busy-ist? (Most Projects sitting about)
Cluttered? (Boxes & stuff stacked to the rafters)

Others???..

I’m going to go out and get a picture of mine for submission.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
Is ANYBODY'S garage messier than mine was a couple of years ago.

Just room in the middle for a Healey. Oh... I have moved out the jet ski.

Garagall.jpg

Bret

Yoda
OK,

Here is my Garage. Not that I really expect to win prize but I just wanted Steve to know that LBCs & SUVs can cohabit in one Garage.

duff_garage.jpg

The vacant area is for my wife’s 1995 Explorer. I just hope my wife’s SUV doesn’t get too friendly with my MG. The children would be really ugly!

Cottontop

Jedi Warrior
I am REALLY jealous.... I need to get me a coupla' them pink bicycles !

At least I can say that my garage is CARPETED !

sure looks like a drip pan for the suv.........

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I am REALLY jealous.... I need to get me a coupla' them pink bicycles !

At least I can say that my garage is CARPETED !

[/ QUOTE ]

Don’t be too jealous, that’s just the half of it. The pink bike is my 4 year olds and between her, our 13 month old daughter, two Goldens & two old cats, our house is a never ending maze of baby dolls, stuffed animals and squeaky toys.

The one thing I’ve discovered as a LBC lover who’s starting all over again with little ones – is that mechanics finder covers make great diaper changing pads. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The anamals are house trained - can't wait to say the same thing about our girls.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
sure looks like a drip pan for the suv.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! His & Hers drip pans, is the path to Garage Nirvana! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
I recently moved, just so they would all have room. Now, I have a fourth one! Oh well..

Threeinarow.jpg

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted Steve to know that LBCs & SUVs can cohabit in one Garage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have taken your word for it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif It's just that there isn't enough height for one in my garage, and my wife really doesn't need one, just an occasional bee that she gets in her bonnet.....no kids to ferry, (I do all that) no groceries to haul (I do that too) in fact just her in a great big SUV. I caught the drip pan too, must be a Land Rover in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I caught the drip pan too, must be a Land Rover in there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well actually the drip pan isn’t so much for oil as it is for the condensation from her SUVs A/C unit. We live in Southern California, so she runs it all the time regardless of the seasons - Winter, Spring, Summer & Fall. Problem is the bare concrete gets kind of slippery when it’s wet.

Anyway, my wife wanted to trade her 95 Explorer in for a new Expedition. I had to explain to her that the Explorer barley fits as it is and that larger vehicle just won’t fit in our garage. Mater-a-fact when we bought our roller garage door we had to pay an extra $100+ for the low profile mounting kit otherwise my wife's pampered SUV would have had to park out side.

No real up side to the whole story – now she’s looking at a new Explorer. Seems that sometimes I just can’t win for losing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
For the benefit of those who have slower dial up connections, (and those old heads like myself who like lower display resolution (like 800x600) please try to limit the size of pictures you link to ... 600 pixes wide and try to keep them under 100k if possible (or if not, try not to be too much over). Not a hard/fast rule, but just a quideline. (Most imaging programs will allow you to resize pictures).

Basil

Bret

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]

<<SNIP>>
there is an mga in there somwhere......can you find it?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif
mark

[/ QUOTE ]

I went and looked at the pictures. And ya know what? If I squint just right, I think I actually see it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

OP
aeronca65t

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

ThomP

Jedi Warrior
Yes, those pockets are deep! Do you suppose they have time to enjoy too?

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Well, I was inspired by such garages, and I just spent the past three days giving mine one heck of a spring-cleaning!! It is now as neat and orderly as it ever has, even though there is still too much stuff in there and not enough places to put things! Oh well. But thanks for posting the inspiration for all this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mjamgb

I'm afraid to photograph mine. IMSHA is certain to see it and send me a happy citation!
I really can work in it if I exhale before entering and limit the stints to no more than 3 minutes!
Honestly, if I start another project I run the risk of putting transmisison bearings in a steering box and wonder why the worm gear is in the sump.

Sigh, it would be nice to have a few thousand square feet to work in. Heck, give me 50 (that's just over 5 square meters) unmolested square feet and I'll be happy!

Mike!