• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Parting out the 1963 Midget

oldguysrule

Freshman Member
After much tought and talk with Jack Laird I've decided to part out my 63 Midget. It's almost complete but eveything is off the car. I will send a group of photo's shortly, but until I can put them all together anyone looking for parts can e-mail me at jjkenterprises@gmail.com and I will get you what pictures you need.
It's to bad I really wanted to have a car like Tony's just to keep up with the upper class of the MG world. I hope California
has a good selection of car to choose from.
Thanks to all,
Jim Kitchen

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Jim - I need one piece of metal inside one of the doors - will send you an email Sunday night....wish I were closer!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]It's to bad I really wanted to have a car like Tony's just to keep up with the upper class of the MG world. ][/QUOTE]
hehehehe....yeah, right!!

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tony, it is not there, either side. I checked every part and place.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
DARN!!

bugimike

Yoda
Tony, what part do you need? Could the same part be found on a '69?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Tony is out of town but the door part he needs is only found on a LBC with sidecurtins. It is the pocket part for the side pocket in the door. Not sure if he needs right or left.

He will be back Monday.

motofiaccone

Hi:

I need a trunklid, the rounded sheetmetal pieces under the rear taillight and the front front most bit that goes under the bumper. Please of me know what you want for the pieces. Many thanks!

--Chris

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
jlaird said:
Tony is out of town but the door part he needs is only found on a LBC with sidecurtins. It is the pocket part for the side pocket in the door. Not sure if he needs right or left.

He will be back Monday.

Jack, I've got both.

I'll be doing an aluminum skin over both door openings with a cutouts for the latching levers on my '62 Sprite.

I'll go hunt them up and get them ready to ship...or I can bring them to MO for Tony.

Ray

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
OK...Tony (and/or Jack).

I found what I think you are looking for, the vinyl covered metal plates that form the map pocket in the early Spridget doors. If so, I have both sides in very good condition; all mounting brackets are present and all rivets secure, neither has been pulled hard enough to kink it. A few minutes at the upholstery shop for recovering and they would be pristene.

PM me or call me (706.534.7145) Monday.

Ray

(PS - I've always posted photos from my website, but will try doing one from the File Manager option...if it doesn't work, I'll do it the other way.)

Attachments

• 11886.jpg
    11886.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 367

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Ray, thats it. Hang on to them till Tony gets back please. O

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
RAY - HALLELUJIAH!!! Those are what I need...name your price! Could I get them shipped quickest way to my house?

I've got new board & vinyl, just lost the upper & lower metal pieces.

Thanks for looking out for me, Jack! I'm starting a new thread about progress/lack of!

Woodie

Jedi Warrior
Hi Ray I am looking for black seat covers (pan and back) for both seats, but don't know if they are the same as for my 1970.

Let me know

cheers

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
Woodie said:
Hi Ray I am looking for black seat covers (pan and back) for both seats, but don't know if they are the same as for my 1970.

Let me know

cheers

Sorry, Woodie...the parts are different and the seats from my '62 already went to another BCFer. You shouldn't have a hard time finding seat for your car though.

Ray

mccalebr

Jedi Knight
tony barnhill said:
RAY - HALLELUJIAH!!! Those are what I need...name your price! Could I get them shipped quickest way to my house?

I've got new board & vinyl, just lost the upper & lower metal pieces.

Thanks for looking out for me, Jack! I'm starting a new thread about progress/lack of!

Tony, the parts went out via UPS this aftrnoon (you have a PM with tracking #) for delivery tomorrow.

When you see them you will have second thoughts about changing the boards...the ones I shipped you are near prefect from what I can see. Think twice before drilling out those rivets.

Hope you like 'em,

Ray

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Will do - thanks, Ray!!