• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RIP-Trevor W

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Trevor Wilkinson has died.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/2101208/Trevor-Wilkinson.html

Here's me and Trevor at the TVR "Woodwork" event in NJ around 10 years ago. He was a nice man and his cars will always be some of my favourites.

TVRguy_jpg.jpg

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
I was at that event. In fact, my ex wife is in the photo in the dark sweater, sitting at the table with Sherrie Bhore (white sweater) and Bruce Negryz. He was a neat old guy, and I think he was a little surprised by the overwhelming enthusiasm for the cars. I will never get a chance to meet the founders of MG, Lotus, Triumph, etc, so this was a neat event. I had him sign one of the woodwork posters. I hope he is up there shaking hands with William Lyons, Colin Chapman, and all the rest.

Happy Trails Mr Wilkerson.

mrtvr

Jedi Trainee
I was at VIR over the weekend when I got the news of Trevor's death. I had the opportunity to take my TVR out on the track for a "shakedown" drive and I tried to do it with vigor and complete enjoyment, thinking Trevor might be looking down and smiling right along with me.
Each time I had the chance to meet Trevor, I was surprised at how quite and unassuming he was, and how he failed to realize just how much what he started meant to all of us in the TVR community. I had hoped he would be at the 60th Anniversary gathering in the UK last summer but he did not feel up to making the trip. But he was there with us in spirit.
Thanks Trevor, for giving us TVR. You will not be forgotten.

Marshall

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Jesse said:
I hope he is up there shaking hands with William Lyons, Colin Chapman, and all the rest.

Me too. Some fine, visionary work the man did. And it continues to bring enjoyment to a few of us.

Via con Dios, Trevor.